Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update.php not doing anything ?!  (Read 3608 times)

DigitalMind

• Coppermine novice
Update.php not doing anything ?!
« on: October 03, 2010, 04:58:25 pm »

Hi guys,
   I FINALLY took the time to upgrade my coppermine today from 1.4.?? to 1.5.8.   I followed all the upgrade instructions. 
BASICALLY, once I uploaded the 1.5.8 files and went to run the update.php, it just stayed in a loading state.  I closed it after about 10 minutes. 

Then I tried doing the same thing using internet explorer, and I actually got that page to verify my identity.  I thought it was working, but once I put that it it does the same thing.  Continually "loading".  (I guess the reason it didn't ask in Firefox was because I was already logged in to the site before starting the upgrade)

I turned on debug mode.   My guess would be that the update.php isn't working, but isn't it wierd that it doesn't give an error message or time out ?? Should I just let it run for longer ??  (like I said, I stopped it after 10 minutes or so, tried it more than once)

Gallery is at www.demotivationalpics.com ..  15,000 + pictures. 
I'd appreciate any advise !

DigitalMind

• Coppermine novice
Re: Update.php not doing anything ?!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 05:26:14 pm »

I started running the queries in update.sql manually in phpmyadmin and got a large chunk of the site back up, but there's still a bunch of error messages.
Should I be running the queries that are in basic.sql and schema.sql ?

At this point, I'm going to start restoring the old version of demotivationalpics until I get some answers.... I had a feeling something like this might happen. :)  (It'll take hours for the restore to work too, it's a 25 gig backup)

Thanks for any help you can send this way ! :)

DigitalMind

• Coppermine novice
Re: Update.php not doing anything ?!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 10:19:40 pm »

I got it up and running.  Not sure what I did wrong, I basically just repeated the procedure. 
There are still issues, but I think it's all things I can figure out.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 19 queries.