Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Allowing Guests to create new albums  (Read 5262 times)

Kesava23

• Coppermine newbie
Allowing Guests to create new albums
« on: August 31, 2010, 10:19:22 am »

I've read through the Coppermine documentation somewhat, but I'm not sure how to do this.

I have managed to allow guests to upload images. But I also want them to be able to create albums.

I've looked through the settings and can't find how I can do it.

Can someone please either tell me a way or link me to the part of the documentation that explains it?

Thanks

Kesava23

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Allowing Guests to create new albums
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 10:59:45 am »

There are going to be around 120 people using this gallery, I want each of them to have their own category and in each category I want them to be able to create albums. However I don't want them to have to sign in.

I have created the 120 categories, one for each of them, but I have no idea how I can allow guests to create albums in them.

According to the documentation, enabling personal gallery lets members have their own gallery in the "User Galleries" section. I have tried that, but although I see the user galleries category when logged in as admin, it doesn't show normally.

The gallery is at www.christianssharingchrist.org/gallery

I guess if I could get the User Galleries working, it would allow me to achieve what I'm trying to do.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 08:45:51 am »

Group(s) allowed to create albums in this category
In coppermine versions before cpg1.5.x, only the admin was allowed to create albums within public (i.e. admin-created) categories. Starting with cpg1.5.x, this has changed: by default, non-admin users can't create albums, but the administrator can decide to allow them to create albums. This can be set by category and user group, so you can allow your users to create albums in category "A" but disallow them to create albums in category "B". This is why there is an additional list box in the category control panel named "Group(s) allowed to create albums in this category" where you (as admin) can specify the groups you wish to allow. The admin group is not being listed there, as the admin can create albums anyway and doesn't need specific permissions.
Choose one or more groups from the list to allow those groups to create albums within the category you're editing. To select multiple groups, hold the [Ctrl]-key down and click on the groups. To de-select all groups, use the [Ctrl]-button as well and click on the last selected group.

Kesava23

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 01:25:04 pm »

I have tried to do that.

I click edit and select both "Guests" and "Registered" and then clicked update.

Then I go to that category as a guest, but there is no option to create a new gallery.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 02:07:48 pm »

You're right, sorry. It's currently not possible that guests create albums on their own. Either they have to log in to create their own albums or you have to create the albums in the first place and enable the option, that guests can upload pictures to that album.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.