Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: moderation permissions for bridged gallery  (Read 6540 times)

heavensportal

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • The Fantasy Attic
moderation permissions for bridged gallery
« on: August 23, 2010, 04:39:37 am »

another question, the gallery owner is wanting to have a moderator for the gallery-- smf 1.1.11/cpg 14x

we merged the forum and gallery and now we have a moderator we would like to have access to moderate the albums....moving/changing upload permissions, moving albums to a different album home

is there a way for them to do so ( made a group called competition mod in forum ) will that be enough for them to moderate the albums or is there somewhere else that I need to set the permissions for them to manage categories and albums

there is a tester account if you need it I can pm it to someone that needs to view it since it is member only

heavensportal

• The Fantasy Attic
Re: moderation permissions for bridged gallery
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 01:07:42 am »

maybe this info might help with the question.

Coppermine install: http://pfdlives.com/cpg14x/
Forum install: http://pfdlives.com/smf/
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.27
Forum version: SMf 1.1.11
Test user account: tester / te5ter

heavensportal

• The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 11:58:49 am »

alright more info needed please

i have been reading a lot here at the forums and i see where --- if only i knew this before the bridging --- that you could alter the bridge file to include the group in addition to the regular admin group.

is there a code to insert somewhere to allow an additional smf group to administer the gallery but not administer the forum?

reversing the bridge to do the file hack is not an option, the members that already replaced their images that got lost is not something we are willing to put them thru again.

so if someone could please give me a defined yes or no it would be appreciated.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 12:05:55 pm »

You don't need to redo the bridge to apply that hack. It will take effect immediately.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.