Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Admin menu broken  (Read 6186 times)

msimswil

• Coppermine newbie
Admin menu broken
« on: August 08, 2010, 06:14:07 am »

Been using CMG for a long time but had little trouble so not too sure what to  do.

Install was broken with a critical error. I updated using SimpleScripts and got the gallery back (Phew!)

But my Admin menu has gone funky. The drop-down @ menu works, but immediately below it, where I should see the admin menu, there's just

{A

Then below all the albums is says

DMIN_MENU}

This happens on all pages - Album list, Last uploads, Last comments, etc., and all the individual gallery pages. I can even see it when logged out.

So I'm guessing that somehow the table of albums etc. has gotten inserted in the middle of the call to the admin menu. I have no idea how this could have happened - I certainly haven't bee shifting any code around. I just want to create a new album and carry on as before.

I'd be very grateful for any help - what file to look at and where! I am using a custom theme but I haven't changed it and it's worked happily for more than two years.

--mike--

http://www.halffastcycling.com/coppermine/

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: Admin menu broken
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 01:09:10 pm »

....I am using a custom theme but I haven't changed it and it's worked happily for more than two years........

CPG 1.4.x themes need to be upgraded/modified to function with CPG 1.5.x.

It's all outlined in your document package.

msimswil

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 02:53:55 pm »

OK, Joe. Thank you. I'll take a look at the docs folder once the backup has finished.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 02:21:45 pm »

The drop-down @ menu works, but immediately below it, where I should see the admin menu, there's just

{A

Then below all the albums is says

DMIN_MENU}
This happens when your theme isn't upgraded correctly, to be exact when the {JAVASCRIPT} token is missing. I wasn't able to fix that bug yet, but it doesn't occur for valid cpg1.5.x themes.

msimswil

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 02:28:50 pm »

Thanks.

Renaming the folder with my old theme in it forced CPG 1.5 to use the default theme, which brought back the menu I needed. Then I chose one of the new themes. At some point I'll get 'round to customizing it, but it's fine for now.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 02:41:42 pm »

Marking as solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.