Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SMF2.0RC3 membergroup permissions (especially Admin)  (Read 6058 times)

akc42

• Coppermine newbie
SMF2.0RC3 membergroup permissions (especially Admin)
« on: August 01, 2010, 10:38:40 am »

I apologise in advance for not leaving a link to a test forum - but right now I can't even get to first base on my home test system.

I have recently been working on the upgrade to a long established (3 years) forum from SMFv1.1.11 to SMFv2.0RC3 (see www.melindasbackups.com/forum).  On my home test system I have build a working version (including bringing forward all the mods) and a new version of the old theme based on curve.

I decided I would like to try and bring in Coppermine as an additional feature. I am a complete newbie with Coppermine but I have read quite a lot of the documents, including the bridging guide.

I would like to make my theme match (but will ask that question separately), but the first step is to bridge into the SMF forum.  We already use membergroups extensively in the forum to control permissions to all sorts of things (there are other independent applications - mostly controlled through SSI.php), so when setting up the bridge I specified that it should use the forum groups to control members access.

As soon as I enable the bridge, I loose my administrative abilities in Coppermine.   I am Admin on the forum - so I have to presume that the bridge doesn't use that facility to enable administration on Coppermine.  In the wizard there is a reference to MemberGroup '1' and that is indeed a membergroup for the Administrator and I am a member of it. 

I have a small test program that is as follows

Code: [Select]
<?php
require_once(dirname(__FILE__).'/../forum/SSI.php');

print_r($user_info);
?>

And that shows all my details

Code: [Select]
Array ( [groups] => Array ( [0] => 0 [1] => 8 [2] => 1 [3] => 28 [4] => 25 [5] => 24 [6] => 14 [7] => 21 [8] => 18 ) [possibly_robot] => [id] => 4 [username] => Alan [name] => Alan [email] => alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk [passwd] => ff6c3a689ad55f3eee3d228974c30d166576868f [language] => english [is_guest] => [is_admin] => 1 [theme] => 6 [last_login] => 1280648420 [ip] => 192.168.0.12 [ip2] => 192.168.0.12 [posts] => 8197 [time_format] => %d %b %Y, %H:%M:%S [time_offset] => 7 [avatar] => Array ( [url] => [filename] => avatar_4.jpg [custom_dir] => 1 [id_attach] => 1173 ) [smiley_set] => default [messages] => 12 [unread_messages] => 0 [total_time_logged_in] => 6030190 [buddies] => Array ( ) [ignoreboards] => Array ( ) [ignoreusers] => Array ( ) [warning] => 0 [permissions] => Array ( ) [query_see_board] => 1=1 [query_wanna_see_board] => 1=1 [is_mod] => [mod_cache] => Array ( [time] => 1280473560 [id] => 4 [gq] => 1=1 [bq] => 1=1 [ap] => Array ( [0] => 0 ) [mb] => Array ( [0] => 16 [1] => 39 ) [mq] => b.id_board IN (16,39) ) )

How do I set Coppermine up so it uses the SMF admin capability?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: SMF2.0RC3 membergroup permissions (especially Admin)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 09:00:13 pm »

Can you not login? It is probably a cookie or other setting issue but without knowing your settings it is hard to say. The bridge docs should help point the way but if they do not then please post your settings as suggested in those docs - http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/bridging.htm
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

akc42

• Coppermine newbie
Re: SMF2.0RC3 membergroup permissions (especially Admin)
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 06:43:44 pm »

Can you not login? It is probably a cookie or other setting issue but without knowing your settings it is hard to say. The bridge docs should help point the way but if they do not then please post your settings as suggested in those docs - http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/bridging.htm

I am logged in, but I have absolutely no privileges with coppermine (at least I don't think I do - I am such a newbie with coppermine that I maybe misunderstanding how to use it, but there is no way for me to create an album).  As soon as I finish /gallery/bridgemgr.php script I have files, information, config and user menus, but these disappear as soon as I go to another page - and if I click on one of them I get a permissions error

As you can see above, with respect to the forum - I am logged in (and have a user id of 4), I am admin ($user_info['is_admin'] => 1) and I am also a member of the smf membergroup 1 (administrator) ($user_info['groups'][2] => 1).

My settings in coppermine are

url of forum http://mb.home/forum
url of gallery http://mb.home/gallery
(these urls are not public - as I explained above - but if I can't get help without posting them, I will have to spend some time setting both SMF and Coppermine up on my public server)

Relative path to your bridge app's config file:      ../forum/
Use bridge app custom groups?: 1

Looking at the code, it appears the bridge does not use the forum's SSI.php function (which as my example shows is pretty simple), but prefers instead to read the database directly. Although it is irrelevant to me as I am using MYSQL - SMFv2 does have a database abstraction layer that the Coppermine bridge isn't using - and now supports Postgresql and SQLite.  I see the bridge is making mysql specific calls, which probably means it will run into trouble with people running SMF on other databases.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.