Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linking Galleries to User Profiles in phpBB3  (Read 6111 times)

mike weeks

• Coppermine newbie
Linking Galleries to User Profiles in phpBB3
« on: July 20, 2010, 03:17:18 pm »

I installed the most recent version and bridged to phpBB3 at the weekend with absolutely no problems - thanks for a great piece of software.

I tried to somewhere more appropiate to post so if this is the wrong area I apologise.

Once installed and bridged has anybody managed to add a link to users galleries from a custom profile field in phpBB3?

Many thanks

Mike

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Linking Galleries to User Profiles in phpBB3
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 03:28:31 pm »

has anybody managed to add a link to users galleries from a custom profile field in phpBB3?
Am I right that you want to add a link to phpBB that points to the user's Coppermine gallery? If so, this is the wrong place to ask, as you don't have to modify Coppermine, but phpBB.

mike weeks

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 03:36:31 pm »

There is unfortunately no right place to ask this as far as I can see and anybody that has bridged the two may find this useful. For me it is the next step after adding the Gallery which is using the phpBB3 users. As I said if this is the wrong area I apologise and any advice such as the correct section would be most appreciated.

Mike

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 03:42:30 pm »

We don't know the code of phpBB and so we also don't know how to add custom profile fields in phpBB. You have to ask that question in the phpBB support board if you need help with phpBB. It's no magic how Coppermine determines the user gallery category. Just sum 10000 and the user id and you'll get the correct category id that you can use to create your. E.g. http://localhost/index.php?cat=10002 for user #2.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.