Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Picture Too Big - Will be Uploaded Unchanged  (Read 14132 times)

pftq

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Picture Too Big - Will be Uploaded Unchanged
« on: June 30, 2010, 10:10:12 pm »

Hi there, first of all, just wanted to say thanks and a great job on the plugin.  Something like this should really be integrated into the standard package.

My problem is that any files greater than 1Mb seem to be getting an error:
Picture '...' is too big.  It will be uploaded unchanged (no rotation, resizing...)

The file has no preview image and doesn't seem to respond to being rotated either.  Of course, it is also bigger than the file dimensions I set on CPG, so it refuses to add to the gallery once uploaded.

If I upload a file under 1MB though, it has preview images and gets resized just fine.  It sounds like from the readme that pictures taken from the camera should be able to be uploaded directly through the applet and I doubt any camera these days has files under 1MB in size, so I'm wondering if I'm missing a setting somewhere.  ???

On a side note, the files that do get resized have the wrong dimensions in the file info.  It uses the intermediate dimensions (example: 640x480) instead of the uploaded, resized file.  You might want to check on that. :)

pftq

• Contributor
Re: Picture Too Big - Will be Uploaded Unchanged
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 10:12:32 pm »

Here is the debug btw (can't seem to modify first post):
Code: [Select]
FileUploadThreadHTTP at wjhk.jupload2.upload.DefaultFileUploadThread.run(DefaultFileUploadThread.java:327)

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 12:39:24 am »

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.msg270616.html#msg270616

Board rules / Forum policies: Post Links.
This is so frustrating: I hate it that I even have to remind frequent-posters of board rules...

You really need to take the hint. Going back through your posts you seem not to bothere about doing as asked. Rarely do you resolve your threads and you very rarely post your link as requested. Please make an effort if you want us to.

In this case, do standard uploads work with files bigger than 1mb? Have you read the manual regarding this?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 12:46:00 am by Phill Luckhurst »
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 12:51:01 am »

Is this the gallery you are on about? - http://www.pftq.com/gallery/

You are still running 1.4.19 on that even after you have been pointed a number to the latest release. It is for your benefit. As it is your site could be hacked very easilly. That is your choice. I won't loose sleep over it. Nor will I waste time trying to solve your problems while you are running outdated scripts.

pftq

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 03:57:41 am »

My apologies on that.  It was a slip on my part to forget the link.  It seemed to me an issue independent of the gallery, so it did not cross my mind to do so.

http://www.pftq.com/innod/gallery/index.php (the site directory as a whole is still a work in progress though)

The standard upload works fine over 1Mb - in fact, the applet does upload the file if I let it go through after the error.  It just doesn't resize before uploading as it states.  I'm wondering if I'm missing a setting somewhere that the applet uses to determine whether a file is "too big" to attempt resizing.

In regards to my personal gallery not being up to date, I agree with you and am not all trying to avoid the issue.  I just have modifications that I will have to carry over in the process, so I am trying to set aside time later when I can do so.  It is not my intention at all to frustrate you by not upgrading yet, and my apoligies if I have done so previously.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 07:04:06 am »

To resolve upload issues with JUpload you first have to make sure that regular uploads work as expected, so you should do as the docs suggest in the sections "upload troubleshooting" and "asking for support on upload issues". Do so after upgrading http://www.pftq.com/gallery/.

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 08:56:55 am »

Hi,

I see I'm coming late here.

So I get back to the original message : 10M pictures.

The memory management is almost impossible in an applet. On one side, it's a good point, as it prevents attack by filling all your available memory. On the other side, giving a little more memory to the applet would make possible to manage bigger pictures...

Understand: I can't do anything there! 

At least, you can send the picture to the server. Then, I would have think that CPG would resize the picture to the desired size. At least, it's what happens to me...

Etienne

pftq

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 07:10:56 pm »

Hi,

I see I'm coming late here.

So I get back to the original message : 10M pictures.

The memory management is almost impossible in an applet. On one side, it's a good point, as it prevents attack by filling all your available memory. On the other side, giving a little more memory to the applet would make possible to manage bigger pictures...

Understand: I can't do anything there! 

At least, you can send the picture to the server. Then, I would have think that CPG would resize the picture to the desired size. At least, it's what happens to me...

Etienne

Ah I see.  Thanks for confirming this.  I just wasn't sure if it was a setting or just general limitation of the applet.  Yes, CPG still resizes it - it would just be a lot more efficient if it was resized before being uploaded, as you mentioned in your readme. :)

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 07:24:57 pm »

Is this solved then? Could you mark it as so if this is the case? - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.msg270631.html#msg270631

pftq

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 07:33:52 pm »

On the other side, giving a little more memory to the applet would make possible to manage bigger pictures...

Actually, just a thought but is it possible at all to give more memory to the applet (either via the applet itself or by having users change their Java settings)? Or does Java just not allow that?

I did read your point that you "can't do anything here", but I am not sure whether you meant that being the way the applet is set up currently or not.

pftq

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 08:00:55 pm »

Just to clarify why I was bringing up that point.  I was reading over some pages about the "java_arguments" parameter for Java 6 onwards.  Supposedly you can increase the memory given to the applet by putting -Xmx500m (for 500MB as an example).  It didn't seem to have changed anything for JUpload though (same alert), so I was wondering if there is code in the applet that checks the filesize and generates the error, regardless of the memory limit.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 08:49:14 pm »

Are you struggling to upgrade your gallery at - http://www.pftq.com/gallery/

Or do you want to be hacked? Have you just got loads of mods in that gallery to contemplate doing the upgrade?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.