Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Turned Down]: E-mail notifying users when commentary is posted  (Read 5865 times)

yahroon

• Coppermine newbie

As of this moment it is possible under commentary settings to send the administrator a mail if there is commentary for a specific foto. (see attachment)
It would be nice if the poster of the foto gets this particular mail instead of the administrator.

I read your not fond of sending mails around, but the amount would stay the same :)

With kind regards,

Jeroen
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 02:55:48 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: E-mail notifying users when commentary is posted
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 02:55:37 pm »

Screenshots mean so much more if they are taken with the gallery temporarily switched to a language that the developers actually understand (i.e. English instead of Dutch). The need to post a link to your gallery is there no matter what, it's a board rule.
We're not ready to include features that send even more emails and thus add to the global spam problem, that's why I'm marking your request as "turned down". You're welcome to come up with a plugin that does what you request.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.