Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Modifications to newly updated Coppermine Site  (Read 5429 times)

Craig Walsh

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Lucies Farm Ltd.
Modifications to newly updated Coppermine Site
« on: June 17, 2010, 12:53:26 am »

Timeframe:  Soon-ish, but not an emergency
Budget:  The going rate

I just updated our Coppermine site -- www.bark.ch -- from v.1.4 to v.1.5.  The process was surprisingly painless -- and I'm sure that's down to a lot of hard work and testing that's been done.

We previously had a very slighly modified theme -- the only real difference was that our banner went across the top of the page.  I quite like the Curve theme and am currently using that on the site.

But there are a few things that I would like tweaked, and would be glad to pay someone to help me with this (or do it for me):

Item (1):  I'd like to have the banner back across the top of the page.  My efforts to "fix" this resulted in a teeny tiny banner in the top left-hand corner.  I'd prefer this size banner -- with perhaps our logo added on one side or the other (which I can do in Photoshop) -- centred at the top of each page:  http://bark.ch/themes//curve/images/coppermine-logo.png

Item (2):  I personally find the new CAPTCHA arrangement confusing for comments, etc.  I love the idea of having it -- but I don't think it's apparent to folks that they need to press the "Enter Confirmation" button.  It wasn't that apparent to me.  I kept clicking the "OK" button expecting something to happen.  Any chance of removing the OK button?  Or improving the flow somewhat so that it's obvious to everyone that they need to go through the CAPTCHA process?

Item (3):
  Since updating to v.1.5 I have stopped receiving spam comments, but have started to receive a flood of messages that are reports on gallery comments.  They come from apparently fake e-mail addresses and look a lot like this:
LEHxlOqcaMf
reason(s) for report: no reason was given
r4uTkY zntpytkehjbn, . . ., [link=http://. . ..com/]. . . .[/link], http://. . . ..com/
rayvmxbhf (saywff@ . . . ..com)
I've replaced the web addresses and e-mail domain -- which looked like gibberish anyway -- with dots. 

I'm the only person who can upload images to the gallery, so I don't need the feature where people can report inappropriate images.  I also moderate all comments, so quickly delete any that I think folks will find objectionable.  Any idea why people are making these "reports?"  I'd love a way to turn off their ability to do so.

Item (4):
  And, finally, I have three more Coppermine sites that should be upgraded.  I've done the one -- but it would be nice to have someone with more time, and greater skills, than me do the other three.  All are on the same dedicated, managed Linux server.

If you can help please post a message here, send me a PM, or please e-mail me directly at craig@hmdp.com.

Thanks!

Craig

Craig Walsh
CPG Photo Gallery - www.bark.ch
Member of the Association of Photographers (AOP)

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: Modifications to newly updated Coppermine Site
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 02:25:27 am »

Item (2):  I personally find the new CAPTCHA arrangement confusing for comments, etc.  I love the idea of having it -- but I don't think it's apparent to folks that they need to press the "Enter Confirmation" button.  It wasn't that apparent to me.  I kept clicking the "OK" button expecting something to happen.  Any chance of removing the OK button?  Or improving the flow somewhat so that it's obvious to everyone that they need to go through the CAPTCHA process?
What you are using is the reCaptcha plugin. Although I am working on a change to the plugin that does something similar you can always use the Captcha that Coppermine has built in. The timeframe for the plugin update is uncertain at the moment.

Item (3):  Since updating to v.1.5 I have stopped receiving spam comments, but have started to receive a flood of messages that are reports on gallery comments........ I'd love a way to turn off their ability to do so.

That is in the docs...Login >> Config >> User Settings >> Enable Report to Admin  set to No >> Apply changes (You might want to turn off Ecards for Guests in Groups as well - the potential for abuse is there too)

I must add that you really don't want to post your email in a public forum unless you desire spam. Reply if you would like it removed.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 02:36:05 am by Joe Carver »

Gene-2008

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Modifications to newly updated Coppermine Site
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 04:07:43 pm »

I sent you an email.

Gene
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.