Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greybox background image is copied from body - how to change it?  (Read 10637 times)

Maraz

• Coppermine newbie

Did anyone here tried to change Greybox help window background image? It seems it's somehow copied from main body style, but not straight away (probably in javascript during GB window animation), so I can't figure how to change it by only modifying theme files. I would like to have different background image in Greybox window (in fact no image at all, just solid colour), because the background image I'm using for the whole gallery makes text in GB window unreadable.

Any help in this matter would be great. My modified theme is based on "curve".

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

Maraz

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Greybox background image is copied from body - how to change it?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 02:08:53 pm »

The theme used for testing purposes is exactly "curve" with just one modification in style.css (different file for backgorund in body section). It changes body backgorund to a dark one, and this image is then used in Greybox windows, but that  it's default behaviour of theme "curve". My question is how to change this behaviour, so GB windows can have independent background, not copied from body. In style.css there is only one section related to GB:
Code: [Select]
#GB_window {
    background-color: #EFEFEF;
    border: 5px solid #0E72A4;
}
I've tried to change background in this section, even to a completely different image, but it works only for few seconds and then bang - body background shows again after GB window animation is finished. Do I need to modify GB javascrpit to get rid of this and how it should be done?

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 02:45:39 pm »

Board rules / Forum policies: Post Links

No one will reply/assist/help until you do as instructed. This is being repeated for the benefit of others as well as you too.

Maraz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 03:01:51 pm »

Ok, this was probably bad place anyway to ask my question, so maybe it will be better to move this topic to normal discusson (not support). If not, then just close it, because it looks like the only way to change background in GB window is to modify body section help.php file, which is outside theme directory, so it isn't possible to solve my problem from theme level.

Maybe this would be great idea for the future to create different body styles in style.css for main gallery and for the GB help window - that way help.php woudn't need to be modified.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 03:21:44 pm »

You don't get it, do you? It is mandatory to post a link to your gallery in each and every thread on this entire forum, no matter what sub-board you post in. Failing to do so results in you getting ignored. That's why this thread certainly won't be moved anywhere else: it's perfectly fine here.
You have two possible options now:
  • You reply to this posting with a message that contains a link to your gallery and no additional discussion or rants about forum policies in general.
  • You just go away without saying anything

Please don't waste electrons by not choosing one of the two possible solutions that I have told you about above; there is no need to share your thoughts about how this forum should be organized and how the staff members should treat you. Ignoring this advice will result in your profile getting banned and your rant getting deleted. This is not because we don't respect you as an individual. It's just because we don't like being ignroed by you in the first place.

Maraz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 04:14:57 pm »

No no, sorry if you got me wrong - I found what I was looking for (it's obvious now that my problem isn't related only to themes, so it's bad place to talk about it. That's exactly why I suggested to delete it or move it to normal discussion (away from support/themes). Anyway it wouldn't be possible to give you link to my gallery - my main version on the net is still 1.4.27 - I'm testing 1.5.4 on my virtual server in home and it's not connected to outside world. As I've said earlier - this was probably bad place anyway to ask my question - so just close or delete or move this topic. Sorry for all this mess.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 04:53:38 pm »

I'm testing 1.5.4 on my virtual server in home and it's not connected to outside world.

Please always mention that from the start. If yuo do have a version of coppermine running live tell us so and post a link. We have reasons that have been mentioned elsewhere.

As for deleting threads, all stay no matter how bad they get. The only exception is spam which usually vanishes in a few minutes after appearing.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Maraz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 06:09:15 pm »

Please always mention that from the start. If yuo do have a version of coppermine running live tell us so and post a link. We have reasons that have been mentioned elsewhere.
Yes, I will do that in the future, sorry again.

To finish this topic in positive way I'm happy to say, that after further experiments I've succedeed in making different background for whole gallery and other for Greybox just by modifying template files. If someone is interested in this - you need to edit template/[your template]/template.html and add style definition to body with new background, which will be used only in main gallery pages, not in Greybox help windows, Pic Editor and etc. Example:
Code: [Select]
template/curve/template.html, line 28:
before: <body>
after: <body style="background: #457492 url(images/custom_background.png) repeat-x">

This topic can be now locked - I think.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 11:08:22 pm »

Locking and banning you - you haven't posted the link to your live gallery; I have seen enough of your games.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.