Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Admin Controls Rendering Issue?  (Read 5916 times)

Probie715

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Admin Controls Rendering Issue?
« on: June 03, 2010, 12:10:21 am »

I finished upgrading from 1.4.x to 1.5.4 this afternoon.  Since the upgrade, the "Admin Controls Menu" seem to be rendering the entire width of my template and stacked.  Is this an issue with my install or is there something that I didn't/forgot to change.  I am using a lightly modified version of the "Rainy Day" template.

Gallery Link: Mountville Fire Co Photo Gallery

« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:42:24 pm by Joachim Müller »

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
Re: Admin Controls Rendering Issue?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 07:19:27 am »

did you upgrade your custom theme too ?
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

Probie715

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 08:16:51 am »

Yes, I made the adjustments to the custom template. It seems as though it is rendering correctly, just not consistently.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 09:56:11 am »

I don't know how much your theme has been modified. Maybe it's easier to use rainy_day's css file that comes with Coppermine?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 10:45:20 am by Αndré »

baerdel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 03:39:00 pm »

I had a similar problem with the water-drop-theme. I had success with opening the gallery with another browser and changing the theme to curve. Then i went back to my original theme (out of the box without modification). Now everything is working fine. Could have been a browser cache related problem.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 11:09:00 am »

Could have been a browser cache related problem.
exactly. Deleting the cookies and browser cache would have done the same thing.

r1chardm

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 10:38:31 am »

I have had this issue as well. I had one installation upgraded and the template I downloaded from this site no longer displayed the admin controls. I ended up reinstalling that one to resolve the issue. Clearing cache, switching to firefox did not resolve the issue.

Now I have a brand new install and started loading it up with images. I was checking out the themes. When I selected Curves theme that came with it (my installation was automated on Bluehost.com using simple scripts tool) would not display the tools. Since I had work into this installation I did not want to reinstall and there was no way to change back to one of the other themes that did work.

To resolve this issue I ran a tool called PHPMyAdmin. I used it to access the database associated with this install. I looked through the database entries until I found themes, it was set to curves. I changed it to eyeball. Now I have my Admin controls back in the other themes. Not sure of why curves does not work on my install but it doesn't. I do not have the time to troubleshoot it further but wanted to tell others how I resolved my issue.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 11:14:43 am »

my installation was automated on Bluehost.com using simple scripts tool
That's mostly the cause of all problems, as described here.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 12:42:09 pm »

That's why your issues completely differ from the issues the thread starter had: for the thread starter, the authentification did not sticky because of browser issues. Your issues have been caused by an unsupported install using a silly auto-installer. Apart from the fact that this proves that auto-installers really suck this thread serves only one purpose: it shows that one symptom (not being able to log in) can have various reasons that are not related at all. That's why we're not fond of thread hijacking; you should have started a thread of your own doing as suggested per board rules. As the thread startert has failed to properly resolve his/her thread (which is selfish imo) I am marking it accordingly and locking it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.