Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I Feel Dirty V - update for cpg 1.5.x  (Read 22821 times)

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
I Feel Dirty V - update for cpg 1.5.x
« on: May 10, 2010, 06:43:25 pm »

This theme is an update of the cpg 1.4.x theme "I Feel Dirty" by Gizmo (Billy Bullock).

I have added 1.5.x theming, made it wider for larger intermediate images and added a feature to widen the theme for the gallery admin. and more. Original credits remain in the theme, please don't remove them.

Demo Link

Enjoy!

(note: this is my first foray into "public/shared" themes - all constructive feedback is requested)

« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 10:26:34 pm by Joe Carver »

jiqbal

• Coppermine newbie
Re: I Feel Dirty V - update for cpg 1.5.x
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 08:49:44 pm »

Hi - thanks I was looking for this theme, some feedback for you.

1. After you login in the bottom white space shrinks, it's not aligned with the top (header).

2. Also, the 'Powered By Coppermine' footer moves to the right, where your credit is as well, anyway to just put it on the bottom and not on the space on the right.

Anyway to fix those two items? 

Also, to reiterate, this occurs once a user logins in, not in the default view mode.

Thanks!

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 10:22:19 pm »

Thanks for the info. You have shown me a shortcoming in my initial post + the readme file.

To switch from Admin wide css to normal view css:

Sys menu
    • Hide admin controls - for normal width
    • Show admin controls - for admin. wide width

Tested with Firefox, Opera, IE, Chrome (on WinXP)

[reply edited for clarity + test results]
    « Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 12:53:20 am by Joe Carver »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
    • Coppermine addict
    • aka "GauGau"
      • gaugau.de
    « Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 08:27:16 am »

Joe,

I find this very upsetting >:(: I appreciate your readiness to share, but a bit more modesty would serve you well! Just porting this theme from cpg1.4.x to cpg1.5.x is a 30 minutes job. Given that you haven't done that very well - with the footer being misaligned and a silly admin_width token at the top and the menu icons only showing partially, I find it outrageous to stuff this theme with credits both in the code as well as in the output that link to your site and stand out more than the actually usefull links.
    Labelling the links to your site as "author URI" is a blatant lie. It's studio ST and Gizmo (aka Billy Bullock) who did all the hard work. Compared to that the effort you put into this theme is less than 1%.
    You have put your name and a link to your site into that theme many times over (I counted 10 times). Even labelling a link "Coppermine home page" and pointing that to your a shop of yours and messing with the theme's credits function was the straw that broke the camel's back that made me review that theme port of yours. Attached is v1.1 that has been stripped of the narcissistic reference to your site except for one link in the section where that link belongs. Added that to demo as well. It probably would have been easier to perform the port from Billy's theme in the first place.
    I don't want to discourage you, and we're very fond of giving credit where credit is due, but what you have done in your initial port as far as reference to your site is concerned was absolute overkill. Please continue your contributions, but credit yourself in an appropriate manner.

Joachim

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
    • Coppermine addict
    • aka 'i-imagine'
      • Home Page
    « Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 02:04:02 pm »

Apologies for the bother, thanks for the update.

Agreed, some of the listings were overkill. Some were there just to fill space, some were artifacts of the upgrade I had made to the cpg 1.4.x version that now sits quietly in a support response. Original credits were left in place where they had existed prior to the update, some extra credits were indeed added by me.

I am sure that the revisions would have been of little challenge to you. For myself some the changes were difficult, if not entirely exasperating like getting visible text in a greybox.

Even labelling a link "Coppermine home page" and pointing that to your a shop of yours
    Was a silly typo. and not intentional. Items in that list were there to fill the space.

with the footer being misaligned
    Don't understand.

a silly admin_width token at the top
    Is a core part of the theme to make it functional for the admin. As you should very well know some of the pages (Groups, Review Comments) run extremely wide and go over the boundaries of the table widths. This prevents the complete page from being shown in narrow or right to left themes when there are adjacent columns or tables. No other viable solutions presented themselves to me and I am quite proud indeed that I made a solution that is innocuous to the visitor and only changes the layout for the admin, as is the case with admin mode in general. It was easy to create but if there are any other workable solutions to the table over-run effect I am ready to listen. If it is "silly" merely because it also suffers from "not invented here" syndrome, then fine, so be it. At this point in time I am both ready for a break and accustomed to most everything of mine being shot down on the first attempts too.

phill104

• Administrator
    • Coppermine addict
      • Windsurf.me
    « Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 07:32:21 pm »

At this point in time I am both ready for a break and accustomed to most everything of mine being shot down on the first attempts too.

Please don't take it to heart Joe, your efforts really are appreciated. Also don't think you are being being shot down. The only way any of us can improve is to accept criticism and learn from it. I would take it more that Joachim also likes your work but this one has not been up to your usual standard especially with the credits and links thing. Had you just been a normal user he would not have been upset I am guessing. But as you have earned respect it makes things harder to accept. Maybe spend more time going over your contributions before releasing them to the whole world. Keep them coming though and keep up your excellent support.
    It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
    • Coppermine addict
    • aka 'i-imagine'
      • Home Page
    « Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 03:29:53 am »

Thanks, looking at it closer now it's obvious that I released it too early.

toddiwd

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 08:17:45 am »

@Joachim Müller I tried to use the i_feel_dirty_v version you have attached and it just uses the curves theme??? Can you please look into this I would really love to use this theme?

Best regards,
    Todd

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
    • Coppermine addict
    • aka "GauGau"
      • gaugau.de
    « Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 09:01:23 am »

Respect board rules for a start >:(

toddiwd

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 09:35:37 am »

Sorry but its running on my localhost... Hoping someone has the same problem with the download and could quickly reply whats wrong?

latest install 1.5.x

installed the provided attached file and doesnt work. but the original post by joe carver works with the problems described.

Please help newbie to coppermine. :-[

Αndré

• Administrator
    • Coppermine addict
    « Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 10:46:47 am »

We cannot help you without having a look at your gallery. Please copy your testbed to a location where it can be accessed from the internet.

adeibiza

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 02:20:45 pm »

i love the theme and have amended it to more suit what i wanted but i cannot work out how to increase the gap between the thumbnails in random and last added - atm it looks like about 2px but i'd like to at least 6px for exampe (i have reduced the thumbs width to 100px so have tons of space to play with - you can see it at www.gig-ticket.com

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
    • Coppermine addict
    • aka 'i-imagine'
      • Home Page
    « Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 09:01:31 pm »

I can only recommend that you look at the class "thumbnails".

But for all current and future readers.....

I would also recommend more strongly that you use a tool like Firebug for Firefox or the function "Inspect Element" available in Opera to fine-tune your modifications.

adeibiza

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 09:19:29 pm »

i have, i use the web dev toolbar all day ;)

it doesnt seem to matter what i do in the .thumbnails class since thats part of a td and within that td is a table for each thumbnail - that table or td has no built in class & its content - ie the actual image - only has the class "image" assigned to it - i'm just trying to get a pointer and some help from someone who i thought constructed the theme or from others who have maybe styled it on their own sites :)

lurkalot

• Administrator
    • Coppermine addict
    • +Tinyportal Support team.
    « Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 11:51:23 pm »

I think this is what you're looking for.

Edit the Style_cpg file.  Thumbnails,  lines 394 and 395 adjust the padding as required.

Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

adeibiza

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 12:29:28 am »

ive realised the only reason i'm getting a gap originally is because of the outer table having a fixed cellpadding=1 - changing the padding in the class doesnt do what i need - ie - creating more of a visual gap - it just makes the table inside containing the image smaller and there is no class on that table

i presume people have looked and realised i'm using a background image in the thumb class ?

there's actually no way of doing anything without going into the original construction of the tables - that'd be my version of the theme to do then :)

cheers anyway
    Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.