Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User Groups Not working After Bridge  (Read 8444 times)

dawnswebdesigns

• Coppermine newbie
User Groups Not working After Bridge
« on: April 23, 2010, 10:34:39 pm »

I have the following issue when trying to bridge coppermine and SMF:

It's not necessarily an error message.  I added the group "Family" to coppermine.  After the bridge the group family went away.  I tried to go re-add it & there's nothing to add a new group with.  So I went over to SMF & created the group family...created your test acct & put it in the group.  There's still no Family group @ coppermine & the user test can't upload pics to the gallery.

I didn't really want the groups to match.  I want the photo gallery more private then the forum.  I wanted one group @ coppermine (family) & a few @ SMF (La Force Family, Jones Family, Etc.).  Is this possible if I'm bridging?

Also I think I switched this to non-post based group but now I can't tell because I tried to go back but it won't let me.  There's an login screen for the admin telling me if I sign in there I'll be unbridging.

Thanks for any help.  :)

Coppermine install: http://www.dawnswebdesigns.com/family/gallery/
Forum install: http://www.dawnswebdesigns.com/family/forum/
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.26
Forum version: SMF 1.1.11
Test user account: test / temp

BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL: http://www.dawnswebdesigns.com/family/forum
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../forum/
Use post-based groups?:  I think I switched this to no
Cookie name/prefix (if applicable)

dawnswebdesigns

• Coppermine newbie
Re: User Groups Not working After Bridge
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 12:58:00 am »

I can't see a way to delete this.  I fixed it myself.

I just went back & undid the bridge & picked yes on the "use post based groups".  Now my groups are on both sites & the test account I created for you could create an album & upload a pic.  Sorry for wasting your time & space.  :-[

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

dawnswebdesigns

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 08:49:36 pm »

Common policies: Resolve your threads

I don't know when you wrote your FAQ's but they need updated.  I don't see a "mark this resolved" link anymore then I see an edit or delete button.

I see a couple of buttons but holding my mouse over them don't tell me much.  I think one might be your "mark this resolved" but I clicked on it & you see what happened.  Nothing.

Speaking of your FAQ's I spent wayyyyy to much time trying to figure out why I can't upload videos like you all claim we can with your software.  All those "reasons why you can't upload"...there's nothing in there about large videos & changing the upload size.  You gotta dig for that & even then there's no answer.

I just switched from Gallery to this just so I could upload other files like videos & such.  Now if I can't upload videos I just wasted my time didn't I?  You all built this software...I'm assuming you use it.  What do you all set yours to?  I'm trying 10,000 but most of the lil videos I got are even bigger then that.  If I ftp it does it ignore the file size?  Of course...that don't help other members does it.

I know this is off topic so you can't answer this question here...all I'm saying is your FAQ needs updated.  :-*

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 09:51:29 pm »

There is a tick on your posts. Can you not see it? If not can you post a screenshot of your last post so we can see what you see.

As for videos, if you have a question regarding this please start a new thread or search the forums where you will almost certainly find the answer to your question.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

dawnswebdesigns

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 02:42:32 am »

I don't see it while viewing post or trying to reply.  I see a check mark & an x but like I said if you take your mouse over them they don't tell you what they're for.  Hope this helps. :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 09:32:24 am »

I don't know when you wrote your FAQ's
Actually, those are board rules, not FAQ.

I don't see a "mark this resolved" link anymore then I see an edit or delete button.
I can see them just fine exactly as explained in the thread I refered to. There is no edit button nor is there a delete button, and we never said that there would be one. In fact we deliberately removed them to stop you from messing with previous posting.

I don't see it while viewing post or trying to reply.
Nobody said that they would be there when composing a reply.

Speaking of your FAQ's I spent wayyyyy to much time trying to figure out why I can't upload videos like you all claim we can with your software.  All those "reasons why you can't upload"...there's nothing in there about large videos & changing the upload size.  You gotta dig for that & even then there's no answer.
Because we can't provide you with an answer: wether you can upload large files and how large those files can get doesn't depend on Coppermine, but on your webserver's setup. We don't control your webserver, nor can Coppermine control your webserver.

.all I'm saying is your FAQ needs updated.  :-*
I disagree. You should read them carefully. If they don't contain the answer to your question, then read the documentation and search the board.

As Phill suggested your rant about the quality of the documentation is utterly unrelated to the issues that you initially posted about and therefore you're breaking the strict board rule "One Question per Thread". Locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.