Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Is bridge function 2 way?  (Read 8735 times)

FalconGTHO

• Coppermine newbie
[Closed]: Is bridge function 2 way?
« on: March 29, 2010, 11:29:32 am »

Coppermine install: http://wildwestmustangsaz.com/gallery/
Forum install: http://wildwestmustangsaz.com/forum/
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.26
Forum version:  phpBB 3.0.6

BridgeManager settings:

Forum URL:  http://www.wildwestmustangsaz.com/forum  
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../forum/  
Use post-based groups?:  0  
Cookie prefix:  phpbb3_7rsoy

I tried to log into Coppermine with my non admin account from the board, no go.

I created a test account on coppermine, it logged into the forum fine, but I had to manually log in.  The forum did recognize the name and password, however, with no previous registration on the forum.

My question is, does the bridge only work from CPG to the forum or is it also supposed to work the other way as well?  I want users to register on the forum first and that info be bridged to CPG, so they dont have to register on CPG.  I dont want them to register on CPG first, to be able to move to the forum.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 07:24:34 am by Joachim Müller »

Nibbler

Re: Is bridge function 2 way?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 11:49:03 am »

It works the way you describe. Coppermine reads the login info from the forum. All logins and registrations are simply redirected to the forum.  The situation you describe with the test account is incorrect, you must have done something wrong there. The gallery you posted is not currently bridged.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 11:50:42 am »

My question is, does the bridge only work from CPG to the forum
Yes.
is it also supposed to work the other way as well?
No
I want users to register on the forum first and that info be bridged to CPG, so they dont have to register on CPG.  I dont want them to register on CPG first, to be able to move to the forum.
That's what happens when bridging is enabled.

You haven't enabled bridging. Run the bridge manager and enable bridging. Make sure to use the proper bridge file for phpbb3 in the first place.

FalconGTHO

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 03:16:19 pm »

You haven't enabled bridging. Run the bridge manager and enable bridging. Make sure to use the proper bridge file for phpbb3 in the first place.

Ok, I followed the directions for editing the bridge file.  Went back, enabled bridging.  Upon doing so it says Im logged out.  Clicked "Login", 404 Erroro page not found.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 03:22:13 pm »

Ok, I followed the directions for editing the bridge file.
Who says so? What exactly did you do. Post details about what you did.
Went back
Where?

Bridging is still disabled, so I can't replicate what you're saying. You haven't posted the non-admin test user account that you're suppossed to post. Are you behaving difficult on purpose?

FalconGTHO

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 03:59:10 pm »

Who says so? What exactly did you do. Post details about what you did.Where?

Umm, its straight forward.  I copied the code on the page you linked, per the directions you listed, "Find, Add".

Bridging is still disabled, so I can't replicate what you're saying. You haven't posted the non-admin test user account that you're suppossed to post. Are you behaving difficult on purpose?

Huh?  No, Im not.  Yes bridging is disabled after having it enabled so I could get back into the gallery.  It is now enabled.

Test account:

Test

PW  Test1

FalconGTHO

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 06:57:53 pm »

Nevermind.  Thatks for the effort.  Im going to skip bridging.  Theres things I need to get done with the board and gallery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.