Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem Uploading Images with Batch or manual.  (Read 5248 times)

Einewton

• Coppermine newbie
Problem Uploading Images with Batch or manual.
« on: March 31, 2010, 07:21:54 pm »

Hi all, I want to post this as I spent hours tracking down, and maybe will help someone save time.

I had problems getting the batchadd or single file upload to work. I had some issues with GD, so i went with ImageMagick and used the default "/usr/bin" path. I went to do the batch add and all i'd get where "X" for the thumbnails where not being generated at all, i went through apache logs and could not see anything helpful... After reading the documentation i found that i could turn on "Debugging" wich is VERY helpful (Thanks for taking the time to add that Coppermine Developers!), and it showed that it was trying to execute "/usr/binconvert" and could not find the program... Using a little logic, I noticed that it's trying to run the program called convert (not binconvert). You'll want to make sure you add a "/" at the end of your path!

/usr/bin/ <-- Use that as your path,  or just make sure that you have a / at the end of your path!

Thanks for this GREAT product Coppermine, you've outdone yourself again!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Problem Uploading Images with Batch or manual.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 08:43:18 am »

A path ends per definition with a trailing slash. It's also written in the help box/documentation:
Don't forget the trailing "/" to close the path.
;)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 11:07:34 am »

I've just seen that there has been added a check in r7383 by Nibbler. :)

Einewton

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 11:10:33 pm »

You've blown me away with your quickness in making this just that much easier to setup!

Thanks again...

;D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 08:20:15 am »

It's a pitty that this didn't get documented. You got an error message on the config screen with the default value after Nibbler's commit, as the default (blank) didn't have a trailing slash. I have changed the default value in sql/basic.sql in rev 7432 and added some details to the docs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.