Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: replace Title with Copyright  (Read 6139 times)

clemphoto

• Coppermine novice
replace Title with Copyright
« on: March 30, 2010, 04:05:28 am »

Very new to CPG and PHP, but not new to html and programming.  Looking for how to replace the Title with Copyright info in all screens displaying photo or thumbnail and search criteria.  Photos have IPTC data populated with captions, copyright, and keywords.  My system is hosted by GoDaddy, see it at http://clemsonphotos.org/coppermine
Just test content there now, this will grow to several hundred photos shortly.  My goal is to serve anonymous guests only with read/view access to all photos and ability to search.

Del (clemphoto)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: replace Title with Copyright
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 08:50:51 am »

Edit displayimage.php, find
Code: [Select]
    pageheader($album_name . '/' . $picture_title, $meta_keywords, false);and edit as you see fit. The string that currently composes the page title (i.e. that populates the HTML tag <title> in the output generated) currently is $album_name . '/' . $picture_title that comes directly from the individual file that get's displayed plus the gallery name (which can be changed by editing the pageheader function definition in themes/yourtheme/theme.php).
You could replace the line
    pageheader($album_name . '/' . $picture_title, $meta_keywords, false);with
    pageheader($iptc['Copyright'] . ': ' . $album_name . '/' . $picture_title, $meta_keywords, false);
You're using cpg1.4.x on the page you refered to and not cpg1.5.x, that's why I have moved your thread from cpg1.5 themes (visuals) to the corresponding board that deals with the version you use. Please try to post in the proper board if you can.

Joachim

clemphoto

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 03:25:30 pm »

Thank you, I will make that change.  Where should I look for code that would do the same substitution in Search?  But that change would need to both change what is displayed as well as what is searched.

Del

clemphoto

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 03:53:37 pm »

We must be looking at different things.  I am referring to the field below the medium size photo and below the thumbnails that, in many of my photos, contains {@IPTC.Title}.  This is what Expression Media puts in as a placeholder, and what most of my photos have, as a title has not been assigned.  I made the change above, and can see no effect.  My desire is to have this field replaced with the copyright holder's name, from the IPTC Copyright field.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 07:48:06 am »

We must be looking at different things.  I am referring to the field below the medium size photo and below the thumbnails that, in many of my photos, contains {@IPTC.Title}.  This is what Expression Media puts in as a placeholder, and what most of my photos have, as a title has not been assigned.
What's "Expression Media"? I guess it's a third party desktop application that I don't know and that I'm not very keen to learn about. Anyway, using placeholders from other applications in Coppermine is just wishfull thinking: those placeholder might get populated somewhere else (in another application), but not in Coppermine.

Where should I look for code that would do the same substitution in Search?
I have no idea what you're taling about. Perform one step after the other, and respect our strict "one issue per thread" policy.

see it at http://clemsonphotos.org/coppermine
Site is down. Re-post a working link to your gallery if you want help.

clemphoto

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 03:39:29 pm »

I am starting over with the latest version, and starting over with this issue, beginning with the difference between IPTC title and HTML page title.  One issue at a time for me, that is all I ever had.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 04:22:47 pm »

I am starting over
Why? Why don't you just perform an upgrade? Starting from scratch is just a silly waste of resources.

clemphoto

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 06:26:42 pm »

Thanks for your help.  Let's close this issue, as I am beginning with a clean install of 1.5.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.