Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error when adding a description to a photo  (Read 11329 times)

scarr105

• Coppermine newbie
Error when adding a description to a photo
« on: March 26, 2010, 10:55:00 pm »

Version 1.4.26

I uploaded a photo and didn't add a title or description but decided afterwards to add a description. I click the picture I want to edit and click the link that says "edit file information" but when I click in the box and start to type I get this error.

Javascript error
Description: object expected
Line: 208

Screenshot of error attached.

URL: http://www.inshanelife.com/TTC/cpm/ (Still just testing and setting up gallery)
User: cpm
psw: cpm1
----------------------------------------------------
Shane

inshanelife.com
rhinoenvironmentalsolutions.com

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: Error when adding a description to a photo
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 12:25:09 am »

You have posted an admin account - I have changed the password so that someone else can not do damage to your gallery.

Never, ever post an admin account publicly.

It looks like you are trying to use the JUpload plugin. I am going to try to move this post that support topic. If not then you will have to repost in there.
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/board,100.0.html

scarr105

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 01:10:58 am »

Thanks, I'm not sure it's a jUpload issue, the issue doesn't happen when I upload a photo.  If I add a description after using jUpload it works fine.  The error only happens when a photo has been upload and sometime later you try and add a description.

OK I removed the administrator access for the cpm user. cpm user can still upload photos and edit there uploaded photos.
user:cpm
pwd:cpm1

scarr
Shane

inshanelife.com

scarr105

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 01:21:40 am »

The error is happening on this page (editOnePic.php?id=16&what=picture) which I don't think is part of the jUpload plugin.  But I'm looking for help from anyone.

Thanks
scarr
Shane

inshanelife.com

scarr105

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 02:49:08 am »

The error is happening on this page (editOnePic.php?id=16&what=picture) which I don't think is part of the jUpload plugin.  But I'm looking for help from anyone.

Thanks
scarr

I'm not sure I'm being clear enough for people to help so I took a video capture of what I'm talking about and you cna find it here
http://www.inshanelife.com/TTC/cpm/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0
Shane

inshanelife.com

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 01:58:38 pm »

I was able to upload a .gif and edit the title and description with no problem. Note that I used the "old" or "standard" upload method, not the JUpload  method. However I found errors in what you have done with your theming - example: the Home button does not work on many pages. You can and should retry with Classic theme, with and without your extra .js menu add-ons and with/without JUpload. Reduce and isolate your variables/modifications.

When your error message asks to "See more details" - take a look, that might help too.

The file is still present for you to see.

scarr105

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 02:31:51 pm »

I was able to upload a .gif and edit the title and description with no problem. Note that I used the "old" or "standard" upload method, not the JUpload  method. However I found errors in what you have done with your theming - example: the Home button does not work on many pages. You can and should retry with Classic theme, with and without your extra .js menu add-ons and with/without JUpload. Reduce and isolate your variables/modifications.

When your error message asks to "See more details" - take a look, that might help too.

The file is still present for you to see.

Joe,
Thanks for looking at my issue, I will test with your ideas.  I saw the image you uploaded and I attempted to change the description and I still get that error, so my guess would be that you added the title and description during the upload part which seems to work great. The issue only happens when you want to edit the description of a photo or add on that didn't have one before.

As for the Home page link issue, I was not able to find any problem with the link, it seems to work on every page I went to but I will continue to test that also.

If you get a chance and still want to help go back to the page and try to edit your image you upload and see if you see the error I'm talking about.

again, thanks for the help
Shane

inshanelife.com

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 03:16:10 pm »

Info. edited again through editpic....as you can see.

Home link in blue does not work. You should also look at making sure you are clearing your cache - use the account that you provided, etc. Sorry that I can not offer any more suggestions.

scarr105

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 05:25:31 pm »

Info. edited again through editpic....as you can see.

Home link in blue does not work. You should also look at making sure you are clearing your cache - use the account that you provided, etc. Sorry that I can not offer any more suggestions.

Joe,

Thanks for you help, I think I got it.  I download the classic theme and tested it was working fine.  still show an error in the status bar at bottem of browser but no pop-up.  So I slowly modified the theme the way I wanted it and it's working just like the orginial theme.  Status bar still shows javascript error but no pop-up and I can live with that.

Can I ask what browser you are using?  I'm using IE8 and the link appears to be working, I will test in other browsers sometime today.

thanks again for all your help.

scarr
Shane

inshanelife.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.