Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PAID: Need Assistance Migrating TO Coppermine  (Read 9293 times)

DHC

• Coppermine newbie
PAID: Need Assistance Migrating TO Coppermine
« on: February 12, 2010, 06:49:00 pm »

Currently have a photo gallery in another script. That script is integrated with a forum (same forum as here). Need to migrate all photos to Coppermine and maintain author/contributor.

Please contact me via PM.

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
Re: PAID: Need Assistance Migrating TO Coppermine
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 06:52:55 pm »

Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

DHC

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 06:59:34 pm »

sub board rules first

Got it.

Mkportal Gallery -> Coppermine

Mkportal integrated with SMF.

Coppermine integrated with SMF.

Necessary to maintain photo 'owner' in migration, as well as other attributes.

Fewer that 500 photos.

Budget: ?? no idea - what is fair?

I do not want to publicly provide the URL. Will do so (obviously) in PM.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 07:29:55 pm »

The number of images is less important than the number of users. How many useres are there?

There is no easy script to do the job so it all really depends on how many users there are as to how long it will take. Charges usually depend on how much time is spent on a job.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 08:03:22 pm »

I'm not sure why the number of users is important. Basicly it's an INSERT INTO SELECT job, but I don't know Mkportal.

DHC

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 08:06:13 pm »

The number of images is less important than the number of users. How many useres are there?

There is no easy script to do the job so it all really depends on how many users there are as to how long it will take. Charges usually depend on how much time is spent on a job.

More than 5000 total users for the forum, but only a fraction of those have contributed photos to the gallery. I would estimate photos by fewer then 50 users.

DHC

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 08:12:09 pm »

Oops! I just noticed the announcement about PM's being disabled. I guess that is why all this needs to be in the open forum

For the record, I will limit what I post publicly as my sites are HIGHLY competitive, and I see no need to provide any public information about my plans to my competition. In fact, I've already posted more than I am comfortable with.

I hope the Administrators realize what position that places people in when they demand that site modifications MUST be announced publicly.

I'm not sure why the number of users is important. Basicly it's an INSERT INTO SELECT job, but I don't know Mkportal.

I was thinking the Coppermine <-> SMF bridge would handle the integration of the total users - and it would be only those users who have contributed photos that would need attention. Then again, I am not that technical, which is why I am posting for support.

Mkportal is a pretty straight forward script and the DB is fairly easy to map. The Gallery is a subset of the overall portal script, and the tables for the Gallery are separated from all else.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 09:01:16 pm »

Mkportal is an odd one. I think the problem would be connecting the users to their images hence knowing that there are only a small number of users is usefull. I too don't know mkportal and it seems that support has now stopped for what appears to be a dead project. If it was a large number of users the we would have to work out how mk identifies each user and then make a script to tie the users to their relavent ID's. If it was just a few users with images then it could probably be done by just bridging a new install of coppermine to his smf install (assuming mk uses smf as the main program) and re-adding the images as the user. If you know a better way (and I am sure you do) then I would love to hear how.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

DHC

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 02:34:35 am »

Mkportal is an odd one. I think the problem would be connecting the users to their images hence knowing that there are only a small number of users is usefull. I too don't know mkportal and it seems that support has now stopped for what appears to be a dead project. If it was a large number of users the we would have to work out how mk identifies each user and then make a script to tie the users to their relavent ID's. If it was just a few users with images then it could probably be done by just bridging a new install of coppermine to his smf install (assuming mk uses smf as the main program) and re-adding the images as the user. If you know a better way (and I am sure you do) then I would love to hear how.

I am not familiar with the Coppermine DB structure, nor the bridge between SMF and Coppermine.

Attached is a screenshot of the current Gallery table. It identifies the author (field names are in Italian), as well as the User ID number, among the fields. I presume the SMF/Coppermine bridge also addresses these username/userID fields in some way.

As I recall Coppermine, it too needs to know the person who contributed the photo as it relates to other settings (edit permissions and such).

This exhausts my technical knowledge. I am here precisely for the reason that I need support from someone more familiar with the technical details - and am willing to pay for that support.

DHC

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 02:41:04 am »

Just noticed in the screenshot posted above, it shows a UserID of 0 for two different authors. This is, as I've just discovered, fairly consistent throughout the DB. The Username (fieldname: autore) is always correct, but for some reason the UserID (fieldname: idauth) is corrupted in some cases.

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 08:34:45 am »

but for some reason the UserID (fieldname: idauth) is corrupted in some cases.
IMO I guess that's not correct. The fact that 0 or 1 appears there doesn't mean that's an error. Means that needs a YES or NO value, that's all. ;)
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.