Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: E-mail notifications of security updates  (Read 7943 times)

ptityeti

• Coppermine newbie
E-mail notifications of security updates
« on: February 10, 2010, 05:17:03 pm »

I was wondering if it would be possible to receive notification of Coppermine updates as they are released.

For this purpose I have enabled notifications on the announcement board. Unfortunately, I do not receive any notification when something is posted there. Steps taken this far:
* Verified email address (gmail). It is correct
* Searched in spam folder (keyword coppermine). Nothing found in any folder except the forum registration mail.
* Verified if I enabled notifications. Clicking the notify button gives me an alert window asking "Are you sure you wish to disable notification of new topics for this board?". I guess that means notifications are enabled (clicked cancel in the alert window of course).
* Searched the forum. Found a lot of topics about problems with the mails sent out by galleries, but not about the mails sent out by this forum.

So, the logical questions:
* Is there another way to stay informed about new coppermine updates?
* If not, does anyone have an idea about a way to get the mails into my inbox (or even the spam folder)?
* If the notification mails would not include the keyword coppermine, could some give me the email subject of let's say the notification of the 1.4.26 update, so I can search for that in my mails?

For mods: I am aware that my problem is strictly speaking not an upgrade problem. Imho this was the board that fitted the best, but if you would disagree feel free to move this post to the appropriate board.

Thank you for your valuable time.

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
Re: E-mail notifications of security updates
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 06:02:24 pm »

Cpg1.5.x has a such feature include (info-box from coppermine.net) whitch display to the gallery admin all news from Coppermine as security updates or new version release...
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

ptityeti

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 06:10:17 pm »

Cpg1.5.x has a such feature include (info-box from coppermine.net) whitch display to the gallery admin all news from Coppermine as security updates or new version release...
That is a feature I will appreciate a lot.

In addition to my starting post: I did receive a notification mail from your answer.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 07:30:26 am »

You could subscribe to the list on sf.net as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.