Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The requested URL /Galleria/update.php was not found on this server.  (Read 14591 times)

-Force-

• Coppermine newbie

Hello! I have now a big problem! I downloaded a new Coppermine package and installed it using FTP. When i tried to update the coppermine using update.php it gives me only this kind of info:

The requested URL /Galleria/update.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have always uploaded my things using the same FTP address as i am using now and i can see the update.php listed in there but when i try to run it, it won't work. I have tryed to change rights to files, delete the -htaccess file and so on but nothing helps. I can't use the update.php file at all.

I tried also to add some pictures to my site using FTP and then add them with coppermines own file system like i have done before, but i can't see the uploaded picture directory in there? I can see it in FTP program...

My pages are closed from the public but if someone can help me, i will give him the rights to visit the pages.

-Force-

• Coppermine newbie
Re: The requested URL /Galleria/update.php was not found on this server.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 08:44:36 pm »

Here are some pictures about the situation

Problem1
---------
At this picture coppermine says, that it can't find update.php and other stuff (but they all are in FTP)

Problem2
---------
The picture add in coppermine don't find a directory called 2010-01 even when i just copyed it in the same directory with FTP

Problem3
---------
Here is the same picture directory from FTP and there is the 2010-01 directory as it shoud be

Problem4
---------
A coppermine main directory from FTP program where is the update.php showing clearly

heavensportal

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 01:10:24 am »

I am curious, if you downloaded and installed it fresh...why do you need to run the update.php?

Did you set the permissions on your folders correctly?

a link is surely needed for even the creators to go see and get an idea what the trouble is.

There is other information that they will need so you need to go to the link that states the info needed for your posting here at this forum. The more information you can give them/us the better help you can expect.

heavensportal

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 01:15:47 am »

aaak, sorry i posted and did not see this one you did with images...you said you copied them into the albums folder

when you uploaded those did you put them in the main album fodler or did you put them in userpics folder?

the folders you uploaded are they filled with images to upload or just an image or two in each one?

do you have the permission for the album folder set right?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

-Force-

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 04:00:27 pm »

First, i have to say thay i'm sorry because i think, that i have posted this to the wrong topic. I had a version 1.425 and i have downloaded a new 1.426 version and have installed it over the previous one. That's why i have to use the update.php to update the coppermine but i can't use it because it's now available for some reason.

The galleria is installed in here:
http://orjatar.info/Galleria/index.php

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 04:44:00 pm »

It doesn't look as if you have upgraded correctly as you are still running files from 1.4.25. Please use a decent ftp app such as the excellent and free Filezilla
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 04:45:55 pm »

You will need to review what you have done and how you have installed your Coppermine - check redirects, folder locations, etc.

The page: http://orjatar.info/Galleria/install.php should not be available to a visitor, but it is without any redirect......
That means something is very wrong and (possibly) your gallery could be disabled

Without being able to see your Coppermine pages that is all that I can personally offer to you. I would suggest unbridging and/or posting a test/temporary account. Maybe then someone can provide more detailed assistance.

[edit]
posted after P. Luckhurst with no intent of correction - just bad timing!
[/edit]

-Force-

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 05:32:56 pm »

I have now turned off the integration and made the gallery free to register.

GALLERY CONTAINS ADULT PICTURES

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 07:53:40 pm »

[edit]
posted after P. Luckhurst with no intent of correction - just bad timing!
[/edit]

Phill is enough ;)

You can always try upload.php to check for the version/footer etc and sql/update.sql to check other settings. Both should be obtainable with the former showing a warning even in a bridged and PW protected setup.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

-Force-

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 04:50:37 pm »

Everything is OK now... I had old FTP passwords and that somehow gave me a totally different look at FTP of my files... My service provider gave them to me when they moved their servers and somehow those passwords made the whole mess. I looked at service providers WEB page, changed all my passwords and IP:s at FTP and now everything works again and i updated the coppermine to the latest version with no problems.

Thank you all for help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.