Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: prevent/disable original image viewing/downloading  (Read 4033 times)

pheen

• Coppermine newbie
prevent/disable original image viewing/downloading
« on: February 03, 2010, 05:27:50 pm »

I'm looking for a way to prevent unregistered users from downloading or viewing the original (large images). I'm in the process of setting up a gallery for a client. They want to be able to show off their images, but not allow unregistered users the ability to download/view the original images. I've already enabled watermarking on the intermediate images, but I don't want it enabled on the originals because the client will be using those in ads. I've searched the mods section and can't find anything. Am I missing something simple here? Thanks in advance.

pheen

• Coppermine newbie
Re: prevent/disable original image viewing/downloading
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 06:16:52 pm »

I found a solution by checking to see if GALLERY_ADMIN_MODE was enabled, and if so, altering the $pic_html variable in the themes.inc.php file.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 06:24:01 pm »

You are missing the sticky on this board that tells you the feature requests board is for just that, feature requests. I'll move your support question to the correct board.

Another thing we require with all new support threads is a link to your site as per the board rules.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.msg270616.html#msg270616

Yes, I know there are a lot of them and we all just tick the box and ignore the info in front of us so just pointing it out.

As for you problem doing a search for fullsize access brings up quite a few answers to your question such as this.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,36322.0.html
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 06:39:23 pm »

While I was posting that you posted a response, then we had a power cut so it all went wrong from there. ::)

Not sure what you are attempting as a solution. Are you suggesting that all your users be members of the admin group? (bad).

Check the plugin I pointed to. If you are happy with what you have done please resolve your thread as per this rule.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.msg270631.html#msg270631

pheen

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 08:13:20 pm »

No, not suggesting that all users be members of the admin group. I'm using the gallery in a (somewhat) unique way. My client has images that belong to them, and occasionally they have people that want to use an image for an advertisement. The client wants these people to be able to browse their images without signing up, but wants them to email when they want a fullsize image, so they can approve the use of the image. I want people to be able to view the resized images with watermarks, but not be able to click and view the fullsize image. I accomplished this by making the alterations described in my second post. I didn't provide a link to the gallery because it isn't intended for public view. I'll refrain from asking questions from now on if a link is mandatory.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 08:49:41 pm »

Without a link only generic advice can be given.

Annonimity is not really the best way to keep a site secure but I am sure you know that.

Thanks for resolving your thread.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 10:16:45 pm »

Please resolve it properly by clicking the tick icon in the first post. If you really want to resolve it, post what you actually did for the benefit of others with similar issues, i.e. post your code changes. Can't see what you might have done using GALLERY_ADMIN_MODE nor can I see how this should help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.