Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remove date  (Read 7506 times)

daiwelsh

• Coppermine newbie
Remove date
« on: January 25, 2010, 05:52:09 am »

Is there away not to display the upload date in the Latest Additions on the front page.

Dai
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 05:57:23 am by Jeff Bailey »

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Remove date
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 08:21:31 am »

Is there away not to display the upload date in the Latest Additions on the front page.
Yes: you RTFM and do as suggested there... Has been asked so often that we even added that question to the FAQ... ::)
Thanks for not being so lazy next time and for respecting board rules in the future.

daiwelsh

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 10:49:18 am »

You arrogant Bastard. I am dyslexic and can;t read very well. I have read the RTFM as best I can and I have done search and looked through the FAQ without finding an answer to “how can I still show the thumbnail in latest additions without the upload date”
I use a few forums and this is the only one that is so rude. I know there are forum rules but they are not written in stone.

Dai

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 11:05:43 am »

Dai,

Would you like to apologize for your abusive language? If you want any more support please do so. If not then you will be banned.

Joachim was requesting that you read the board rules. You broke a number of them with your first posting. Simply posting a link may have got you a better response.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

daiwelsh

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 11:24:28 am »

I apologize for using the B word but not for the rest of the post. In the first place how do you know that I havn't read the RTFM and how do you know I havn't done a search so I do not like being called lazy, I just couldn't find an answer to my question.
Was my question so obscure that you need a link (here it is http://wildlifewales.co.uk/gallery/index.php)
If you want to ban then do so. I the 4 years I have been using Coppermine I think I have only asked 2 questions but looking through the rest of the forum it seems the standard reply is "read the RTFM"

Dai

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 11:42:38 am »

Joachim has spent hundreds of hours working on the manuals, especially for the upcoming 1.5.x. It is astoundingly frustrating to have all that work ignored. 90% of the time people don't even bother. In most cases where RTFM is added it is also linked to the place in the manual where the answer can be found. You will also be surprised at just how many people just get the hump instead of actually clicking the link.

So calm down, say thank you to Joachim for pointing you to the right part of the manual to answer what he understands to be your question then tell us if that helped or be more precise in youre request.

If not I shall close this thread.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

daiwelsh

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 12:19:44 pm »

I understand how much work the admin and mod's do but where Joachim pointed to did not answer my question. I will ask again. I know how to get rid of Latest Additions compleatly but all I want to know is can I keep the thumbnail and get rid of the date uploaded underneath.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 12:25:30 pm »

You arrogant Bastard.
You person with a banned user account. I'm not ready to get insulted by you.

If you want to ban then do so.
OK, fine.

I am dyslexic and can;t read very well.
I'm sorry, but then you don't fall into our target audience. We can only support people who can read.

I know there are forum rules but they are not written in stone.
Really? Who are you to decide that? Anyway: farewell. Locking, marking thread accordingly.

In the first place how do you know that I havn't read the RTFM and how do you know I havn't done a search so I do not like being called lazy, I just couldn't find an answer to my question.
but where Joachim pointed to did not answer my question.
My posting contained two deep links to the exact solutions for your issues, so why do you complain? Just clicking on one of them will show the answer for you. Again, as a farewell:
Yes: you RTFM and do as suggested there... Has been asked so often that we even added that question to the FAQ... ::)
Click on the links in that last paragraph I quoted...

photoaddict

• Coppermine newbie
Thank you Joachim Muller
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 06:44:21 am »

Thank you for banning me before I could read your last reply.
Firstly I have reported this forum to the British Dyslexia Accociation (www.bdadyslexia.org.uk)
If you actually read my last post you would realise I  know how to remove Lastup thumbnails from displaying but your links did not tell me how to still have the thumbnail display but without the date underneath.

DaiWelsh

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Thank you Joachim Muller
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 07:20:47 am »

Firstly I have reported this forum to the British Dyslexia Accociation
That's nice for you. Go ahead and report me to the Salvation Army or the United Federation of Planets. Couldn't care less.
Thank you for banning me before I could read your last reply.
Logging out would have helped to read the reply.

If you actually read my last post you would realise I  know how to remove Lastup thumbnails from displaying but your links did not tell me how to still have the thumbnail display but without the date underneath.
Couldn't care less. You're banned. That means: you're no longer allowed to use this page. You're not allowed to re-register. Stay away.
Merged the new thread you started with the existing one and adding your new account to the existing ban record. This time I have added your IP address as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.