Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Aportworm - displayimage.php  (Read 3131 times)

tcartr

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Aportworm - displayimage.php
« on: January 19, 2010, 07:55:25 am »

Hi, my web host has disabled my entire site because of numerous queries coming from displayimage.php.

My gallery is not viewable because the site has been disabled

http://www.teenstarsonline.com/tsoimages

I have no idea what to do and the support at host simply say clean up the file and we restore the service here is the email from them.

Our monitoring tools have investigated these files that were overloading server by creating too many requests, It was impacting other customers on our shared hosting platform. Customer script has created 894 connections in less than 40 minutes to

tsoimages/displayimage.php pow.tcartr 1263880054 2498 593 194.67.18.218 - - [19/Jan/2010:00:47:34 -0500] "GET /tsoimages/displayimage.php?album=topn&cat=-95&pos=20 HTTP/1.0" 404 593 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; AportWorm/3.2; +http://www.aport.ru/help)"

Any help is appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 07:04:35 pm by Joachim Müller »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Aportworm - displayimage.php
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 10:24:21 am »

What version of coppermine were you using? I'm guessing you didn't upgrade for a while.

Read the following thread.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,51927.0.html
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 10:24:46 am »

If your webhost has suspended your site then you have to ask your webhost what you need to do to get your site back online. How could we possibly help?
Just make sure that your gallery is up-to-date and that it hasn't been hacked. If it was hacked, read Yikes, I've been hacked! Now what?

Googling for the term "Aportworm" shows that this seems to be the user agent string of some crawler or bot. Maybe your site was hammered. Anyway, we can't answer that. Please ask your webhost what you should do. The Aportworm seems to be related to the Russion site http://www.aport.ru/. Can't tell you what it is about, as I don't speak Russian, but according to the translation performed by Google it seems to be a regular portal and search site.

tcartr

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 04:03:49 pm »

Thank you for the replies, I have spoken now to a second level person at the server who said the IP listed in the report out of Moscow was making the repeated connections and now the IP has simplay been blocked from accessing the site.

Again thank you the original support person made it seem the problem was the copermine files. I have the current version I upgraded 3 weeks ago.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Solved]: Aportworm - displayimage.php
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 07:07:16 pm »

I suggest reviewing your hosting contract though: getting spidered is something you usually want to happen (although you probably don't care if you're indexed by a Russian site or not). Approximately 900 hits from a spider in 40 minutes should not be too much for the webserver imo. Sounds like you're on budget webhosting...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.