Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Switching to new forum software - how to convert my coppermine gallery  (Read 3701 times)

mcalcagno

• Coppermine newbie

I bridged my coppermine gallery with XMB forum software. Now I'm at a point where I have to move to a new forum software (MyBB). I know there is a bridge for MyBB, but what will i need to do to get all of the gallery data from my old database?

Could I simply do this:

1. Install a new copy of coppermine
2. make a copy of my database and point the new coppermine install to it
3. Bridge the new copy to my new MyBB forum software?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Switching to new forum software - how to convert my coppermine gallery
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 10:27:56 pm »

Bridging only allows coppermine to authenticate through the bridged application. Once bridged the other application takes control of users but the coppermine database is still used for all the other stuff. What you would need to do is unbridge your current coppermine-xmb install. Next you would convert all your xmb data into MyBB then apply the coppermine-MyBB bridge.

Please post a link to your coppermine install as per the board rules if you want further support. It is mandatory to do this with every new support request.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.