Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading from 1.4.8 to 1.4.25  (Read 8305 times)

rg

• Coppermine newbie
Upgrading from 1.4.8 to 1.4.25
« on: January 14, 2010, 01:12:28 am »

Hello,

It appears I am still running 1.4.8 of CPG.  I want to upgrade to the latest version.  My CPG is bridged with phpBB 2.0.21 (an older version too) and WordPress.  I have read the documentation "3.1.3 Upgrading from cpg1.4.0 or better to version cpg1.4.25."

Will upgrading from 1.4.8 to 1.4.25 affect my bridging with phpBB?  Can I "break" either (or both) by upgrading?

What does the last line of "3.1.3 Upgrading from cpg1.4.0 or better to version cpg1.4.25" mean:  "If you have made a custom theme, apply the changes that were introduced in the themes structure to your custom-made theme."  Will I have to redo all of my tempate changes?  I have made some minor changes to "Hardwired."  Thank you.

Thank you,
rg.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Upgrading from 1.4.8 to 1.4.25
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 06:47:10 pm »

1): http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.msg270616.html#msg270616

2):
Will upgrading from 1.4.8 to 1.4.25 affect my bridging with phpBB?
No

3):
Can I "break" either (or both) by upgrading?
You can't break phpbb or any other app you bridge with by upgrading coppermine. The bridging app has got an impact on coppermine, but not vice versa.

3):
What does the last line of "3.1.3 Upgrading from cpg1.4.0 or better to version cpg1.4.25" mean:  "If you have made a custom theme, apply the changes that were introduced in the themes structure to your custom-made theme."
We can't tell without seeing your site and seeing your theme. We're out of crystal balls, so you better do as I suggested in 1)

4):
Will I have to redo all of my tempate changes?  I have made some minor changes to "Hardwired."
Not if you have done as suggested in http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#theme_create_rename

rg

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 02:01:44 am »

Hello,

Thanks so much for your reply.  I understand the board rules require link posting.  However, given the known security issues of my current version, I opted not to post the link (btw, I do have the CPG badge unaltered on my site).  I'll look into the links you posted.  Thanks so much.

rg.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 09:28:18 am »

Security by obscurity. Clever. Very clever. Don't forget to tell the hackers about your clever move not to post a link to your gallery. Instead of wasting your time posting this you could already have updated - takes less than five minutes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.