Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridging aftermath  (Read 4925 times)

CD69

• Coppermine regular visitor
Bridging aftermath
« on: December 24, 2009, 12:28:19 am »

Gent's we solved one item but created another.

Yesterday you assited me bridge my CPG and while I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this I need some knowledge from past experiences.

After changing my Cookie Path to / on my forums random users can't sign onto the site.

I've talked to several of them on the phone, walked them through clearing the cache and I even have them open a new browser. It's a problem in Firefox and IE.

Just seeing if anyone has some words of wisdom.

And for what it worth I use both browsers without any problem, it seems very random.

Thanks

Nibbler

Re: Bridging aftermath
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 12:36:15 am »

See http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,62966.msg312696.html#msg312696. Changing the cookie prefix in both phpbb and the Coppermine bridge wizard should fix any issues.

CD69

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 12:43:10 am »

See http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,62966.msg312696.html#msg312696. Changing the cookie prefix in both phpbb and the Coppermine bridge wizard should fix any issues.

Hey Nibbler, I know that one by heart, you helped walk me through it yesterday.

I did everything by the instuctions we discussed yesterday and everything was great until I got e-mails from folks that can't get log in but it's not everyone.

I even posted instructions on how to clear the cache and it worked for some but two guys that are friends I called and walked them through the fix. Nothing worked and I'm stumped.

I don't want to give up on the bridge so I figured I'd ask here.....

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 12:53:15 am »

Clearing the cache is irrelevant; you have to get them to clear their cookies.

CD69

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 01:04:24 am »

Sorry Nibbler poor choice of words on my part.

Here's what I have for Instructions

For IE:

Tools - Internet Options - On the General tab under Browsing history select the delete button.

A new window will open check the box next to temporary internet files and cookies and than hit the button on the bottom of the page that says delete.

Close the browser, open a new one and log on.

If you use Firefox.
It's Tools - Clear Private Data - Then check cookies.

If you have saved passwords that you don't want to lose be sure that box is unchecked before clicking "clear private data" button.

As always Nibbler thanks for the response, I'm not sure what's wrong.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 10:54:27 am »

Please respect board rules in the future and do as suggested in the sticky thread "When requesting bridge support - mandatory!" and the docs chapter "Bridging support". Doing so once is not enough - you need to do that in each and every thread. You have been around long enough to memorize the board rules. I'm not ready to tell you again and again about them.

The real solution (instead of forcing everyone to delete their cookies) is to do as I suggested in your other thread already:
...or rename your cookie by choosing another cookie prefix. This makes it no longer necessary for everyone to delete the cookie locally.
Renaming both the cookie of your forum as well as coppermine's cookie will have the same effect as if everybody deleted their local cookie. This is much more effective and less frustrating for your users, as only you (as admin) have to do that. Forcing your users to delete their cookies will drive them away for sure.

CD69

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 07:19:23 pm »

GauGau my apologies, I thought since we just worked on the challenge together it would be ok to post a follow up.

And I believe “I'm not ready to tell you again and again about them.” may be a little strong since I have always made every effort to follow our rules and have had no issues in the past.

Again, I’m sorry.

Nibbler, thanks again for trying. I found a mod for phpbb2 that uses a link in your forum to wipe the cookies that members simply have to use. I and posted it on my site and so far it’s worked for those that have tried it.

You’ve always been a huge help and it is appreciated!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.