Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: LightBox Slideshow jquery (NotesFor.net) v3.2  (Read 249377 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: LightBox Slideshow jquery (NotesFor.net) v3.1
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2010, 07:30:42 am »

Don't clutter this announcement thread with your individual issues.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: LightBox Slideshow jquery (NotesFor.net) v3.0
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2010, 12:59:15 pm »

but still i am getting Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16 bytes) in /xx/xxx/xxx/xxxx/include/functions.inc.php on line 277  and most times no error or image is display
on gallery-most viewed image http://www.huitzuco.org/photo/thumbnails.php?album=topn&cat=0

I can not reproduce this while running LightBox. If it persists for you without LightBox  then I suggest another post elsewhere. If it is related only to LightBox being installed please re-post. Please note that your gallery returned a 500 internal server error at one stage when I checked it and because of all of your advertisements the pages can load very slowly.

BR79

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2010, 03:24:17 am »

How do you get the slider part to show up in albums?

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2010, 05:31:43 am »

How do you get the slider part to show up in albums?

I have no idea what you are asking about, please be more specific.

You will also need to post a link to your Coppermine.

BR79

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2010, 05:37:36 am »

In the demo -

It shows when you hover over album images - a slider of images shows up above the album thumbnails displaying the images of the albums and with each thmbnail that you hover over it displays on top in a slider slideshow

The link to my coppermine is http://galleries.stephenmoyeronline.com

It is offline at the moment due to me preparing for a big opening tomorrow night and am still working on it as I had to re-upload and re-install my coppermine and start from scratch recently

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2010, 05:51:32 am »

This plugin does not do as you have described.
For an image slider see: Slider animation on album list page
it works well with this plugin:       EnlargeIt! AJAX GUI

If you want the LightBox to start directly from an album thumb then extensive code modifications would be needed. That is something I do not have the time for now. I will keep it in mind for a future revision.

camillagds

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2010, 08:13:05 am »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2010, 09:28:17 am »

I don't get an error on the page you refered to. Maybe you should use more words to describe what you did, what you expected and what result you get.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2010, 11:43:46 am »

camillagds, Please, as Joachim wrote, try to use more details in your next request. But because you were good to post a link to your Coppermine I think you you intended to say that you are having an error with LightBox working.

You are using other plugins that might interfere. I see at least one (Slideshowit) that has <head> code where it does not belong. So I suggest you try:

• In plugin manager use the up and down arrows to move LightBox lower or higher on the list of installed plugins
  • Uninstall the other plugin(s) and see what effect that might have

camillagds

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2010, 07:21:54 pm »

Thanks so much!

Is the slideshowplugin if cause the problem =)

I used now the Lightbox and flash media player for the videos. thanks =)

Shane

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
  • Choose Again
    • The Philmont Forum
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2010, 09:38:41 pm »

site:  http://philmontforum.com/cpg

Just a quick question...  Is it possible to load the lightbox by clicking on a thumbnail in the album thumbnail view instead of having to go to the individual photo page before loading the lightbox?

I used Timo's EnlargeIt on my 1.4.x Coppermine versions and liked the way the his lightbox opened from the thumbnail view, but his does not include a slide show option.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm »

..  Is it possible to load the lightbox by clicking on a thumbnail in the album thumbnail view instead of having to go to the individual photo page before loading the lightbox?

It would not be possible without extensive modifications.

nemesis13

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2010, 02:37:39 am »

hi guys,

I downloaded the zip-file, search and choose it via the plugin-manager (in the admin panel), but the system load the file (zip) up and after a refresh (after the upload) I see nothing of the light-box in the plugin section.  :-[

nemesis13

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2010, 04:37:05 am »

Alright, got it and solved that problem, but the next one is waiting--> LightBox dont work. In the settings I hit the box: Resize Images for Browser Window, and configure everything as I needed, but no LightBox is to see in the gallery.  :(

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2010, 11:49:48 am »

...... no LightBox is to see in the gallery.  :(

Can you see the board rules about posting a link to your Coppermine too?

nemesis13

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2010, 12:01:01 pm »

cl9m

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2010, 09:38:30 am »

Hi, and thanks for this good plugin

how can I put a transparent gif for more pictures protection? is it simple to made it?

Thx and
Sorry for my bad english   :-[

mrdee

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2010, 05:21:48 pm »

Great plugin.  Thanks.

Just some very minor feedback, if it is of use:

1.  I switched to this from Enlargeit as that plugin was unable to navigate the entire album (only the page of thumbs).
2.  The slideshow icon looks a little too much like the "next photo" icon (so I have manually changed it as a temporary measure).
3.  I will have to remove my video clips and put them in a separate album in order for users to realise they are there, as clicking next/prev in this one skips the video files.
4.  On slow connections users who click too quickly on the intermediate image jump out of Coppermine and get just the image in a blank browser window (is there any way to ensure the plugin script is loaded before the ability to link is enabled?).
5.  I would like the option to darken the background more when the plugin runs (which I could do in Enlargeit), if possible.
6.  I have for years never used the "intermediate image" functionality, but used the Admin Tools to add it today, purely to be able to use this plugin.  Without sticking a very small intermediate image in front of people I would have had no real way of "encouraging/training" them to click again to get the plugin to run.  I see this has been mentioned before but I would also like the ability to skip straight from the thumb to the plugin if you are looking at a long-term roadmap for the plugin.

Again, this is just minor feedback, as I really like this plugin.  Thanks very much for the work.

MrDee

mrdee

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2010, 02:30:53 pm »

Hi Joe

With reference to point no.2 above, would it be possible to add a hover text popup (like you do for the next/prev buttons) for the "slideshow" and "close" buttons please?

The box with the main image centers itself vertically in the available vertical space (before the drop-down box with captions/buttons etc appears).  On a wide aspect-ratio screen (with limited vertical screen space) this leaves even images with just a few words of captions getting cropped by a line or so at the bottom edge.  Scrolling down by just one line or so fixes it, but I wondered if you know how to place the initial box a set distance from the top edge of the available space (rather than being centre-aligned)?  This would allow it to biased a little higher to allow for the complete box to still stay within the available space after the drop-down caption box appears (based on me carefully controlling the caption lengths of course).  I know this is inherant from the NotesFor.net by the way...

Thanks in advance.

Mrdee

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2010, 02:33:23 pm »

Hmm,

1. It is a great plugin. Why not post a help request in the EnlargeIt! thread?

2a. Graphics/buttons are the user's choice. Joachim Muller even added a selection to config. No changes are planned.

2b. It should be possible to add titles/tooltips to those buttons, maybe something simple in the next maintenance release.

3. Video problems can't be tested by me. Your report of trouble means nothing without a link to your gallery.

4. I will take a look, but am not optimistic. I might be able to reduce the size of the .js. Maybe for the next maintenance release. Maybe.

5. Why not simply choose "Hide Animation" in config.? That will darken the background. Or edit script.js and find this line:
Code: [Select]
           overlayOpacity: 0.8,   Maybe it will be a config. option in the next maintenance release. At the moment I have been changing the border and background colors, the opacity should not be too difficult to change.

It would not be possible without extensive modifications.

If you want the LightBox to start directly from an album thumb then extensive code modifications would be needed. That is something I do not have the time for now. I will keep it in mind for a future revision.

Please just stop asking. It will not happen anytime soon or at all. If I decide to actually try to crack that problem it will be many months before anything is released.

7. Moving the image up is possible and tested. Maybe I will set something in config. for the next maintenance release.

The estimated time for the next maintenance release is a few weeks to a month or so, maybe longer. As has been written before changes / additions / creations to a cpg 1.5.x plugin are not trivial to make. There are standards of language accessibility and testing requirements that can be quite time-consuming.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.