Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: just an error message after upgrade  (Read 13455 times)

Beekeeper

• Coppermine novice
just an error message after upgrade
« on: November 20, 2009, 03:02:13 pm »

I have upgraded from 1.4.1 to 1.4.25
keeping original anycontent and include/config
installed and ran the update file
which showed everything as either OK or allready done but when I tried to view the album this is what I get 

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 282336 bytes) in public_html/photo/include/functions.inc.php on line 2059

this looks to me like a server problem but server status says 43% memory  in use so there should be plenty of room , any guidance would be appreciated
Thanks Peter

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: just an error message after upgrade
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 03:35:49 pm »

lPost a link to your Coppermine (as written here in the Support Forum Board Rules)
Otherwise no one can see what you have done and therefore can't spend time guessing.

Beekeeper

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 04:08:17 pm »

Thanks for the reply
Yes I should have done that but as there was only a blank page with the error message on I thought that would be sufficient
I have taken this up with the hosting company as I beleive it is a server problem I will update as soon as I know what they say

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 04:30:13 pm »

I have seen many problems solved and blank pages restored here when the "Supportee" lists their gallery URL. That is just one reason for the support requester to provide the link.

I might not be able to see your problem, but odds are someone more talented and experienced will.

Speaking on my opinion only - no one really needs to see your gallery to judge the content, selections of themes/add-ons or the purpose of your gallery. The listings simply save the time that is volunteered freely by responders and supporters.

Good Luck with your host

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Beekeeper

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 07:21:21 pm »

Thanks for the reply
The error message on the link says error in include/picmgmt.inc.php
where as mine said error in include/functions.inc.php on line 2059

I dont now if that is relevant or not
the largest pictures were 600X400PX and have been on the site for at least 2 months

At this point you will probably rightly call me an idiot because I decided to remove it completly including database and install it through fantastico as they have cpg1.4.25 version it appeared to install but It now just has a blank screen http://www.mareham-le-fen.co.uk/photo
I am waiting for the hosts to come back to me as they say fantastico in my control panel has a problem, once that is solved I will remove coppermine and reinstall from the download as a new install

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 07:32:45 pm »

Give up with the fantastico install right away. You have run into one of the many problems caused by that crappy installer which is why we cannot recommend nor support it.

For you the solution is simple, install a copy of coppermine downloaded from this very site and follow the install instructions as per the docs. It really is simple to install, a lot easier than trying to fix all the problems fantastico creates. Believe me, the devs have spent many wasted hours responding to similar posts to yours because of fantastico We have also found that people are quite surprised by how easy coppermine and other web apps are to install once they have been pushed in the right direction. Those who put in the effort soon wonder why they bothered with fantastico in the first place.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Beekeeper

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 10:02:46 pm »

I have now removed the fantastico install and done a clean installed using the download and I still get the same  error
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 282336 bytes) in /public_html/photo/include/functions.inc.php on line 2059
on http://www.mareham-le-fen.co.uk/photo

Any ideas what is causing this and how I can get round it ? there are no pictures uploaded at this point
Thanks for any help

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 10:30:49 pm »

When are you getting this error out of interest? Your site works ok for me but as you have not set up a user account I cannot test uploads etc.

Beekeeper

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 10:45:27 pm »

Problem solved
I was going through some old notes on coppermine and found some from when I had a problem with just a white screen after a new install, 2 perhaps 3 years ago
 I believe it was Joachim Müller who told me to delete the lang files except english, which cured the problem.
On the grounds perhaps I should remove these files anyway ,I deleted them and it  immediately cured the error message problem coppermine is now up and up and running

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 10:52:20 pm »

Excellent, can you press the little tick in the corner of your post to mark the thread as solved please?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.