Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: My Users List???  (Read 16363 times)

freedomnchrist

[Closed]: My Users List???
« on: November 18, 2009, 11:20:39 pm »

Not sure where to post this to find the help I need so I will start here. I have a website that I am using coppermine on I was contacted on my hosting company that it looked like someone had hacked my sites so not knowing what to do I started with this one first for it is a very small site with only a handfull of members starting out. I made a backup of the datadase then deleted that site rather then upgrading it from the version 1.4 to the new 1.5 for I didnt want the new files to be infected with any infected script. anyway I did download the complete website before I deleted it into one of my computers so if there was any files I needed maybe I would still have them.
Anyhow I installed the new site now I need to know how do I get all my old members ids ect back to this site from the old one?? Is there some where in the old directories of the old site I can go look for a file that has all their info so maybe I can get it over to the new site or is it that easy or is it all just gone??
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 12:06:15 pm by Joachim Müller »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: My Users List???
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 11:51:24 pm »

1.5.2 is currently in beta testing stage and not meant for live sites. As such, we offer no support for this version yet, only 1.4.25

Please read the board rules before posting.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.0.html

They tell us what you need to do so we can help you.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

freedomnchrist

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 12:09:56 am »

1.5.2 is currently in beta testing stage and not meant for live sites. As such, we offer no support for this version yet, only 1.4.25

Please read the board rules before posting.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.0.html

They tell us what you need to do so we can help you.

SORRY about that I meant I was upgrading to the NEWER version 1.4.25 my site is hosted at bluehost and I had an old version that got infected my website is tattooedchristiansdotcom

freedomnchrist

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 12:12:02 am »

Not sure where to post this to find the help I need so I will start here. I have a website that I am using coppermine on I was contacted on my hosting company that it looked like someone had hacked my sites so not knowing what to do I started with this one first for it is a very small site with only a handfull of members starting out. I made a backup of the datadase then deleted that site rather then upgrading it from the version 1.4 to the new 1.5 for I didnt want the new files to be infected with any infected script. anyway I did download the complete website before I deleted it into one of my computers so if there was any files I needed maybe I would still have them.
Anyhow I installed the new site now I need to know how do I get all my old members ids ect back to this site from the old one?? Is there some where in the old directories of the old site I can go look for a file that has all their info so maybe I can get it over to the new site or is it that easy or is it all just gone??

I HAVE NEW VERSION 1.4.25!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 05:13:33 pm »

Just upgrading will not sanitize an already virus-infected site. Do as suggested in the thread "Yikes, I've been hacked! Now what?". There is no other method to sanitize your site, no matter where you're hosted at. Please stop shouting at us.

freedomnchrist

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 12:14:47 am »

WOW you guys just dont like helping anyone do you and I was not shout!!!! I just posted it large to point out what version I had for I did not have an illegally copy or what ever he thought I said I did not said. I was just asking for help so why be rude just because you can?? I was not rude is not this suppose to be the site to come to for help with the coppermine program?? Sorry for your misunderstanding of the CAPS.

freedomnchrist

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 12:21:11 am »

I was just trying to get help on finding where my members infos were go I can get them on my new install that I have already done. As per my very first post I said I made a copy of that and I was wondering is there any where in it to find this info to get those folks back online???  ??? ??? ???

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 12:33:57 am »

Erm, where have I said you are running an illegal copy? You told us you were running verstion 1.5 in your first post. Unfortunatly my mind reading skills are not on top form this week with the moon in capricorn so I was unable to extrapolate that you were actually talking about version 1.4.25. ::)

The link to your gallery is http://tattooedchristians.com/ which appears to be offline at the moment. Assuming you did make a backup of your site before deleting it and uploading a fresh copy, all your data is stored in the MySql database. The only things coppermine saves in your webspace are the actual images. So restore your old site then do everything as outlined in the yikes thread that Joachim not only linked to but also spent a lot of time creating and you will be set to go with all your stuff restored.

freedomnchrist

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 10:40:31 pm »

Erm, where have I said you are running an illegal copy? You told us you were running verstion 1.5 in your first post. Unfortunatly my mind reading skills are not on top form this week with the moon in capricorn so I was unable to extrapolate that you were actually talking about version 1.4.25. ::)

The link to your gallery is http://tattooedchristians.com/ which appears to be offline at the moment. Assuming you did make a backup of your site before deleting it and uploading a fresh copy, all your data is stored in the MySql database. The only things coppermine saves in your webspace are the actual images. So restore your old site then do everything as outlined in the yikes thread that Joachim not only linked to but also spent a lot of time creating and you will be set to go with all your stuff restored.

I will try that thank you

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 12:34:15 am »

WOW you guys just dont like helping anyone do you
Do you have any idea how long it takes to come up with an article like the Yikes thread? Or how much time it takes to read all threads that have ever been posted on this forum? Or to write more than 45 thousand postings on this board? Who are you to lecture me or any other supporter on this forum about readiness to support people for free? And you're complaining that I am rude? What a rotten attitude :o. Ever heard about the spirit of charity? I thought that it was a christian virtue; obviously not in your case...

freedomnchrist

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 02:06:19 am »

You can kiss my ass you piece of shit and I found out how to fix my site on my own ASSHOLE and go ahead and ban me from you piece of shit website German ass!!! As for you way of fitting this it is way to long and if anyone does it your German way they are stupid when all you have to do is delete the old install the new and then there is a little secret that if a person takes out of the old site and puts in the new it will put all their members names ect right back and everything is back CLEAN and I will not share the steps that I did and found to work after you assholes kept running your mouths over a simple question I asked that you foreigner assholes turned into a fight so EAT SHIT BITCH!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 11:41:26 am by i-imagine »

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2009, 02:24:05 am »

You are a pin-headed moron and you are also banned.

locking

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2009, 09:10:00 am »

i-imagine,

No need to edit peoples posts unless they really go beyond acceptable internet use.

freedomnchrist,

Your post really does not show Americans nor Christians in a good light does it. Please do not bother returning. Abusive and racist views are not welcome here and you obviously fall into both of those categories.

To anyone else reading this thread.

The method our polite user is referring to with regards to sanitising a hacked site is plainly wrong. A lot of thought has gone into the yikes thread for a reason and if you are unfortunate to get hacked then please follow everything outlined in there. If you do you can be sure you have done everything you can. If you try to take shortcuts like above you might be ok but in all likelyhood you will be in for a nasty shock. Most hackers do not simply leave their garbage in your filesystem but will leave ways of returning in your database too. It is a constant battle against the hackers and only with knowledge can we protect ourselves.  Fortunately, we have users like Joachim who is willing to help us learn.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.