Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatal error  (Read 5496 times)

Leedie

• Coppermine newbie
Fatal error
« on: September 06, 2009, 01:37:44 pm »

I don't know why.. I just didn't do anything...I woke up with Fatal error to my gallery...and I don;'t know why..

http://chrisbreezy.org/gallery/index.php

I thought that it was because of the stramm...and i runed update.php again..but...it doesn't work  :-\

ps: sry for my bad english

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: Fatal error
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 01:57:07 pm »

When is the last time that you have upgraded your Coppermine?

If, as you say, "didn't do anything" then something has become corrupted, damaged or hacked.
If update.php is still running without errors then parts of your Coppermine installation must still be OK.

Try performing an upgrade - this will get you new files such as index.php, functions.inc.php , themes.inc.php etc.

Try checking to see if you have any new files added to your Coppermine folders.

Try removing any extra plugins by FTP - do the same with mods.

Of course make backups before removing/deleting anything.

(this should have been posted in Misc.)

ammo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 06:33:18 am »

My Gallery has had the same problem. Infact, our Gallery went down right around the same time. Sometime early Saturday morning, a.k.a., the 5th.

http://www.mitchel-musso.com/gallery

We have not made any upgrades/updates recently, which is probably our problem. Unfortunately, I am unsure as to how to upgrade/update. When our Gallery first started, it was started by someone I share that site with. Have been trying to get ahold of him, but he won't answer my messages at the moment.

Would like the Gallery back up A.S.A.P., as, it is the most viewed thing on our site. Any ideas?

ammo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 06:06:31 am »

Okay, an update. Apparently we were missing a few upgrades. One of my good friend's made an update to the gallery. It is back up again... Any idea as to how to get the things back that we had? Would perfer not to re-upload over 6,200+ pictures.

onthepike

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 07:27:07 am »

First, you should have a thread of your own.

Second, your gallery still renders <!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.18 (stable)--> which is not up to date and very susceptible to injection or other hack/crack/vulnerability.

Third, if you had read the documentation, you would have known not to overwrite your /albums directory, and subsequently, all files would have been left intact on your server.

If you have overwritten your albums directory with an empty albums folder (and what FTP client are you using), you have three alternatives:

• Upload one of your bakcup /album folders to the /albums directory.
  • Manually FTP your files back to the /albums directory.
  • Ask your web host to restore your website to an earlier time, before you deleted your albums directory.

In any case, you must update to the current version (currently 1.4.25).

onthepike

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 07:34:04 am »

I don't know why.. I just didn't do anything...I woke up with Fatal error to my gallery...and I don;'t know why. I thought that it was because of the stramm...and i runed update.php again..but...it doesn't work 

This issue appears resolved, as the current version of Stramm's ModPack is 1.4.24 which matches the website in question.

In addition, when one receives an error message regarding database connections, many times the server/host is behind the issue. The first thing you should do is contact your web host and submit a trouble ticket explaining the situation. Nine of ten times, you'll be informed that the issue is temporary while they perform maintenance on your server (ie: not a Coppermine issue/problem).

When the response is that there are no server issues, and you still have database/connection issues, that's the time to seek outside assistance; as in this forum.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 02:42:02 pm »

@Leedie: can you confirm that your issue is solved?

Leedie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 03:22:40 pm »

yes, solved
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.