LOL... what is funny is I should have done jsut that as I went wading through all the tools out there. I looked at literally hundreds.... I didn't look at that many on source forge, as most of the descriptions made them sound very limited in their capability.
I'll post my current list of notes and URLs... as you will notice coppermine is on the top 5 :-) I'd like to see it #1. I left a posting on some features I'd like to see, that was done in a different thread. I hope this is helpful to you. :shock:
Hre are some lists of gallerieshttp://www.bykeyword.com/pages/album.htmlhttp://www.needscripts.com/ASP/Scripts_and_Components/Image_Galleries/http://www.devasp.com/search/default.asp?c_id=701
!!!!! GOOD !!!!!
- SOME NICE TEMPLATES BUILT IN
- Doesn't do Treeview
- not sure on flexibility
- creation of thumbnails and intermediate size pics;
- search feature;
- last added;
- random picture;
- user management (private galleries, groups);
- caption, title, description
- user defined fields for each picture (searchable);
- e-card feature;
- slideshow viewer;
- all features customizable with web interface (admin section);
- template system;
- aspWebAlbum - REALLY NICE design
- ***** I LIKE the HOT/New/Popp icons *****
- unlimited number of sub-categories
- Rating System
- Unlimited Number of Images
- Hot / New Capbility, doesn't group images in this mode
- not a bad system, doesn't seem to have comments
- No TreeView System
- also shows: Photographer, Source, Camera Used, & Copyright.
- Completely Skinnable!
- Upload images in bulk using an FTP application
- Move and Rename Images
- PostCard Feature
- IIS Windows 2000, SQL 2000
- no demo, so hard to eval the admin features.
- its lacking a lot of admin features from reading the user doc.
- 3 Version Personal, Standard, Pro
- Interactive Album Skins-Themes / Manager
- User Album Sub-Category System
- Can allow other users to set up galleries
- Photo Commenting & Rating System
- Keywords & Profile Searching
- Automatic Thumbnails
- Paypal Integration
- Recurring Payments Support
- Auto Order Processing
- Multi-Language Support
- Multiple uploads from Browser
- Multiple uploads via FTP
- Unlimited Categories
- Advanced User Groups
- Album Restricted Access
- Auto Watermarking
- ZIP/TAR Uploads
- PHP 4.0.6 +
- MySQL 2.x.x
- GD or ImageMagick
- Doesn't seem to have a demo I can test out personally
- allows lots of templates, really powerful ones.
- not sure on strength around categories, need to email them
- EXIF support
- Has 3 versions Pro, Basic, and Lite
- Flash Templates
- 40 or 100 www.sitebeater.com/ImageGallery/Default.asp
- IMAGE GALLERY (not a nice install, or initial colour set)
- Doesn't do a TreeView
- VERY flexible.
- Fairly static design but has many ways of moving around.
- unlimited number of onsite or offsite links.
- unlimited number of images
- Gallery owners can change order of images in their galleries.
- Move galleries between categories
- copyright notices, and keywords.
- Administrators can assign products to categories.
- Each image include search keywords which are displayed as "Quick Search" links.
- Create Alternate View images by dynamically resizing the primary
image (ASPImage required), or upload your own Alternate View images.
Alternate View images can also be processed when adding images through
the bulk copy feature (FTP method only right now).
- Users can post comments about images and galleries.
- unlimited number of galleries in the Pro Edition.
- New and HOT markings
- installation can be difficult.
- has some great ideas.
- IIS & MS SQL
- Hit Tracking and Rating System
- unlimited Categories and Sub-Categories
- really nice admin tool
- not bad gallery viewing
- doesn't allow comments
- ASP & IIS ONLY
- SQL Server 7 or 2000
- Nice Layout, possibly try using one like this.
- Has Favorites
- No Comments,
- Ratings Yes
- having trouble getting to web site, can't see if has a demo.
These are the ones that aren't as strong in their (web) capabilities. Although some of them have teir own strengths.www.photools.com/products.php
- VERY STRONG ON FRONT END
- Weak on back endwww.cjwsoft.com
- Optional Picture Rating System.
- No Cross indexing of Categories
- Up to 100 pictures per album including
- Favorite Albums
- Set up categories however you like up to 4 levels deep.
- Has decent Features
- HAS TREEVIEW
- No User Comments or Ratings
- Hasn't been updated in over a year.
- Simple but not bad interface.
- no comment or rating capability.
- can have Multiple Keywords.
- nice ability for display of additional information, like houses.
- IIS and SQL Server 7 or 2000
- Web Gallery Mate
- Windows 2000
- nice admin package.
- no database aparently.
- NEED TO LOOK AD DEMO (D'ld to t$)http://www.photopost.com/
- Limited but seem similiar to the "stadard" model I've seen.
- more pricey...
- CANT OPEN FROM HOME....
LGallery Maker Pro
- File Based
- not sure on its functionality as of yethttp://www.dmxready.com/dmxready.asp?mid=5&incid=11&ItemID=10
- Seems limited. uses a combo box for changing sections.
- nice layout of the detals page.http://www.photoactions.com/awebpro/
- Album Web Pro
- Simple but makes nice results
Not So Goodhttp://spgm.sourceforge.net/
- very minimalistichttp://www.digitaldutch.com/arles/
- non database
- Amazing Search Engine.
- Can show my Category.www.howdev.com/
- Has nice shaddowing arond the pictures. it shaddoes the corners first, then does the rest of the image. www.kaorg.com/
- Needs review
---- Arthaus Photoalbum Wizard ---http://www.handy-productions.com/
- can not demo or veiw .. so