Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Session file not saved and can't login  (Read 5377 times)

jwbirks

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Session file not saved and can't login
« on: September 01, 2009, 03:50:46 am »

I have CPG 1.4.25 installed on the powweb server in two locations (different domains).  Both installations were upgraded from 1.4.8.  One, www.johnbirks.com/photos, works perfectly.  I'm having trouble with www.medals4trade.com/collections.  The session file is not being saved.  Although logins are recognized, the login does not bring up the menus for uploading photos, etc. and doesn't recognize the admin.  Also, searches work, but when you click on a search result, no image is found.  Both installations have identical php.ini files except for the session file save path, which is, of course, different.  (On powweb, you have to modify the save.session_ path to make coppermine work.)  I have tried both php 4 and php 5, but neither work.  I had all the files, including the images, scanned by powweb, but there was no malware.  Prior to the upgrade and the virus scan there had been some backdoor trojan files that I recognized and removed.  I have looked in the data base and found nothing that doesn't belong there.  Any ideas what could be the problem?  I've worked on this for several days, and I'm stumped.  I searched this forum as well and read the documentation, but couldn't find the answer.  Thanks for your help
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 12:32:55 pm by Joachim Müller »

jwbirks

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Session file not saved and can't login
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 06:26:06 am »

Clearing the cookies in my browser solved the problem. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.