Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Apologies to GauGau and Video download Linking Problem from coppermine  (Read 8635 times)

hotvins

• Coppermine novice
    • Just Vids

Hello Mr. GauGau Teacher,  :D

This is hotvins again and I am going to post in good English.  :P

I do not want to store my images on external servers. What I am saying is that I want the users to have a link to the video from which a frame is being shown as images in my coppermine gallery. So this means, CPG will only carry images but I want to have a text link under full image which will take the users to video link hosted on free sites like megaupload.com, rapidshare.com etc.

I think this will not involve much coding change. Just like we add adsense as html code, html link would be possible as far as my idiot ans straightforward brain thinks, or is it not ?

I apologize for caressing salt on your old wounds :D regarding external storage but from the above description, you will notice that my requirements are different. My images are going to be the collages which are created from Media Player Classic grabbing frames of video.

Hope I have put it in the right tone and sense so that your highness's respect and attitude are not tampered with  :P

Regards,
Hotvins
Thanks to all the Creators & Coders of Coppermine Photo Gallery

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

No wounds. Just lazy people here and there. Some of them try to mock like you. That's when I create temporary bans ;D. Yours will keep you from posting and will last for a week. Next ban will be permanent.
Not related to upgrading as far as I can see.

ur_superflous_snobs

• Coppermine newbie

Hello Mr. GauGau Teacher,  :D

This is hotvins again and I am going to post in good English.  :P

I do not want to store my images on external servers. What I am saying is that I want the users to have a link to the video from which a frame is being shown as images in my coppermine gallery. So this means, CPG will only carry images but I want to have a text link under full image which will take the users to video link hosted on free sites like megaupload.com, rapidshare.com etc.

I think this will not involve much coding change. Just like we add adsense as html code, html link would be possible as far as my idiot ans straightforward brain thinks, or is it not ?

I apologize for caressing salt on your old wounds :D regarding external storage but from the above description, you will notice that my requirements are different. My images are going to be the collages which are created from Media Player Classic grabbing frames of video.

Hope I have put it in the right tone and sense so that your highness's respect and attitude are not tampered with  :P

Regards,
Hotvins

Well, I can tell you a way out from this.

If you installed the script using a free installer like fantastico, then please uninstall and reinstall it using the common method of FTP uploading.

Then in image description field, put BBCode as you do in regular bulletin boards like phpbb and vbulletin for the url link you want to target.

Before that please install the plugin link target as posted here by GauGau so that the link opens in new window.

hotvins

• Coppermine novice
    • Just Vids
Re: My Apologies to GauGau and Video download Linking Problem from coppermine
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 12:52:18 pm »

No wounds. Just lazy people here and there. Some of them try to mock like you. That's when I create temporary bans ;D. Yours will keep you from posting and will last for a week. Next ban will be permanent.
Not related to upgrading as far as I can see.

Thanks for banning me.

Made me wiser than before in the fields of coding since I did not have any knowledge of html nor php, I was here to ask questions, but when the doors were slammed close on my face, I had no other choice but to learn.

So, thanks for increasing my knowledge base Sir,

And yeah, do one thing, ban me permanently as soon as possible because I do not want to stay in this man-haters world where support providers treat support requester like some prisoner or criminal being gone through "Holocaust".

I say this because in almost every two posts I see Mr. GauGau insulting the members here. Earlier he was not like this. When I first signed up as hotvins11, he and paver were very friendly but this time I don't know what is going on here.

I did see Show Last Posts by GauGau and found this out that he degrades every single user. You see, I agree that you made the documentation and people should read it thoroughly but once you make something spectacular like this script with worldwide fan following, you will get lot of people from all over the country using it and most of them want the solution to their problems quickly and come here asking for help and then if they are treated like this they feel disheartened like me and move away decreasing your valuable(?) user base in number.

I have nothing to say more than this and already have said to being banned permanently.

Just a few last words of sorrow from my side. !!

I was also a super moderator at one of premiere message boards in India having millions of users (Link) but I never treated users like this.

Regards and Ciao

Hotvins

hotvins

• Coppermine novice
    • Just Vids
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 05:09:29 pm »

Well, I can tell you a way out from this.

If you installed the script using a free installer like fantastico, then please uninstall and reinstall it using the common method of FTP uploading.

Then in image description field, put BBCode as you do in regular bulletin boards like phpbb and vbulletin for the url link you want to target.

Before that please install the plugin link target as posted here by GauGau so that the link opens in new window.

this was excellent

this worked very well

thanks a ton

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 04:32:38 am »

@hotvins: If you issue is settled then mark this thread as "Solved".
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

hotvins

• Coppermine novice
    • Just Vids
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 04:48:16 am »

@hotvins: If you issue is settled then mark this thread as "Solved".

I am sorry.

I have marked it :) I hope I click the "Is Right" sign to do so. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.