Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Image Scroller - Based on iTunes - Slideshow for Main and Album List Pages  (Read 131864 times)

DementedManiac

• Coppermine newbie

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page

This is a great plugin, thanks.
Your welcome.

I've not been able to find a conveniently located hook to mod the filmstrip, think that it might only be easily achievable by also creating a custom theme.

Is this somethign you've looked at, or would like to work on?
No on both counts, it would not be trivial. There would be more to it than just moving the display.I am also not working on anything "heavy" at the moment, including new cpg 1.4.x plugins.

If you like the scrolling concept for the filmstrip then I suggest that you take a look at cpg 1.5.x. See the Demo Link or the link below for my cpg 1.5.x demo.

DementedManiac

• Coppermine newbie

I see now that 1.5.x is already in rc, so I understand that you'd not be working on 1.4.x plugins.

I do like the scrolling filmstrip in 1.5, but I very much prefer your i-tunes based one, and would love to see it working for the filmstrip in the album pages. Do you think you might look to doing it in 1.5.x at some time in the future?

Thanks,

Dawson ( who is now considering upgrading to 1.5.x )

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page

.....and would love to see it working for the filmstrip in the album pages.
Do you think you might look to doing it in 1.5.x at some time in the future?

I will keep the request in mind. It would need to be a completely different, separate plugin.

destruxon

• Coppermine newbie

hi all

ive read this section of the forum about 5 times now aswell as the install instuctions :) ive got it installed on cpg ok and can change settings in admin and get the "success" when done it, but no matter what i do im getting just a blank panel ?? im running 1.4.26 and have had it running on other web servers and it wont show there either :( can sum1 point out the no doubt stupid mistake ive made or havnt done plz im pulling my hair out here :D, ive been to other sites with it on and i can see them running fine, ive tried 3 or 4 different pc's with different browsers and cant see it on any of them. ive tried all the fixes on here and none seem to work !

http://www.hilevel1.co.uk/cpg14/index.php

any help appreciated

thanx Dessy

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

You have another plugin in place that interferes. You need to decide for one of them, as they can not co-exist.

destruxon

• Coppermine newbie

thanks joachim for the quick reply :) that was my first thought too but ive disabled all plugins, there still in the plugin folder but not enabled. ive tried it on a clean install and still no go :(. as it is now there seems to be a pic holder in the centre of the strip when i click on it i get this error :

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
   at flow_link_fla::MainTimeline/onButtonClick()

dont no if this helps, all plugins are disabled hope i can get this sorted as it looks an amazin plugin to have :D

thanx again Dessy

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page

File  http://www.hilevel1.co.uk/cpg14/flow_link.php   returns nothing.
You might have set "Meta album for thumbnails" to Top rated
or
you might have set "image/thumb count"  to  0.

To be certain, uninstall the plugin, select "yes" to remove the plugin files from the gallery root.
Then delete the plugin, upload and install a clean copy.

Check your home page before you make any config, changes.

Please use "normal/standard" capitalization in your future postings. All lower case typing might be easy for you, but is difficult to read for the rest of us.....

destruxon

• Coppermine newbie

File  http://www.hilevel1.co.uk/cpg14/flow_link.php   returns nothing.
You might have set "Meta album for thumbnails" to Top rated
or
you might have set "image/thumb count"  to  0.

To be certain, uninstall the plugin, select "yes" to remove the plugin files from the gallery root.
Then delete the plugin, upload and install a clean copy.

Check your home page before you make any config, changes.

Please use "normal/standard" capitalization in your future postings. All lower case typing might be easy for you, but is difficult to read for the rest of us.....

Sorry about the capitalisation ill try to remember ! :) Ive just uninstalled, removed, reinstalled all at defaults. The strip is still doing the same ?? You mentioned thumbnails top Rated and image/thumb to 0, where would i check those as i dont remember setting anything like that? Would it be anything to do with it being in a sub folder of root? As you said im still getting nothing for www.hilevel1.co.uk/cpg14/flow_link.php even though ive done the crossdomain.xml file ?? Ive also tried it on my other web space and getting the same result, www.majestic-clan.co.uk/cpg14x/index.php I just cant see whats wrong no matter how many times i look at it !

thanx Dessy

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page

You mentioned thumbnails top Rated and image/thumb to 0, where would i check those as i dont remember setting anything like that?

In plugin manager - once you have installed the plugin a menu item will appear in the iScroll plugin description field. It is in all caps 'ISCROLL CONFIGURATION'

im still getting nothing for www.hilevel1.co.uk/cpg14/flow_link.php even though ive done the crossdomain.xml file ?

The output of flow_link.php does not depend on crossdomain.xml. It only generates an xml file that flow_link.swf can read. It gets the data from the Coppermine data base. It is generating an .xml file that has nothing in "content", therefore it looks to be reading nothing from your database.

I have no quick and certain answers for you - since both galleries have fewer pics than the default value of 24 thumbs you could try uploading some more content/pics to see if that works (or try setting the number of thumbs to 9 or whatever in the iScroll config).

The only way I can reproduce your problem is by setting the META album to Top rated and then having less than 2 rated files. Sorry that I can't help more but I don't really have much time at the moment.

destruxon

• Coppermine newbie

Ok thanks for all help ill look deeper . It's prob staring me in the face I just can't see it :) . If I work it out ill post my findings !

Thanx again Dessy

destruxon

• Coppermine newbie

Hi all again !

After a couple of days playing, and actually getting it to work on my other webspace. Ive come to the conclusion my host provider is the culprit. My other host i couldnt get going was just a path change in the config Doh ! But the same set up on my culprit host will not work ! What also pointed something was the fact i couldnt use the browse/upload option in the plugins, i can only ftp up. So my final question is :D What could my host be blocking or have turned off by default which would stop any part of the code in flow_link.php working? And what would stop me being able to upload ? I can turn what ever on php wise using the .htaccess file if needed.

Thanx again Dessy

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page

flow_link.php is a simple script that needs to be able to read values from your database.
The plugin will set some values in Coppermine's "config".
If there is nothing to read, then there will be no output in the content.

Use phpmyadmin or similar to look for these values in config after you have installed iScroll.
'iscroll_cfg_meta'
'iscroll_cfg_count'
'iscroll_cfg_width'
'iscroll_cfg_height'

If there is nothing to find then the db is not being updated when you install the plugin.
Why that would happen is beyond me at the moment.

destruxon

• Coppermine newbie

Hi all

Back again! But this time with the answer to my problem which has taken a few days to track down. As i said "Its probably staring me in the face" , its was. The problem was in the flow_link.php file, the line referencing;

$result = cpg_db_query("SELECT * FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_PICTURES']} AS p WHERE filename LIKE '%.jpg' AND filename not like 'youtube_%' $FORBIDDEN_SET  $this_meta LIMIT $i_count");

filename like '%.jpg' was my problem. As all my pics in the gallery are .gifs !! So i thought id share my results with anyone else getting the blank scroll box. So my last and final question is how can i modify the code to pull both .jpg & .gifs onto the strip? Once again thankyou all for your help and time.

thanx Dessy

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page

Sorry that I don't have much time to look deeper, but before I do could you please post what change you made to make the .gif's work? I ask because I had no luck with the mix of .gif and .jpg and want to start with what you did to get the .gif to work.

(It might be a day or two before I have enough time....)

Thanks

destruxon

• Coppermine newbie

hi

Yes basically all i did was replace the like '%.jpg' with like '%.gif' , but no matter wot i added into the equation with and like '%.jpg' and or like '%.jpg' i couldnt get it to work with both jpg and gif in the equation. But then again im no coder or programmer and my php is basic at the best of times :) But im sure itll be no match for you ;) In your own time will be fine as ive said my gallery will only be at the mo .gifs but l8r on i will be using jpg aswell. So any time you have to try to sort it would be appreciated. I was thinking is it possible to have a drop down of choice for the extension in the config screen, a couple of choices ie jpg or gif or jpg/gif or all the extensions available in coppermine itself ? I will leave that in your capable hands :D

thanx

Dessy

DementedManiac

• Coppermine newbie

hi

Yes basically all i did was replace the like '%.jpg' with like '%.gif' , but no matter wot i added into the equation with and like '%.jpg' and or like '%.jpg' i couldnt get it to work with both jpg and gif in the equation. But then again im no coder or programmer and my php is basic at the best of times :) But im sure itll be no match for you ;) In your own time will be fine as ive said my gallery will only be at the mo .gifs but l8r on i will be using jpg aswell. So any time you have to try to sort it would be appreciated. I was thinking is it possible to have a drop down of choice for the extension in the config screen, a couple of choices ie jpg or gif or jpg/gif or all the extensions available in coppermine itself ? I will leave that in your capable hands :D

thanx

Dessy

I had noticed before that the Image Scroller didn't display .gifs, but never bothered to figure out why, I just assumed it was a licensing thing. Anyhow, with your pointers above, I've chagned the query to include both .gif & .jpg, but the image scroller doesn't seem to be able to apply transparency to transparent gifs.

use this:
$result = cpg_db_query("SELECT * FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_PICTURES']} AS p WHERE (filename LIKE '%.jpg' or filename LIKE '%.gif') AND filename not like 'youtube_%' $FORBIDDEN_SET  $this_meta LIMIT $i_count");
if you wanted .png as well, use the following, but I've  not tested this yet.
$result = cpg_db_query("SELECT * FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_PICTURES']} AS p WHERE (filename LIKE '%.jpg' OR filename LIKE '%.gif' OR filename LIKE '%.png') AND filename not like 'youtube_%' $FORBIDDEN_SET  $this_meta LIMIT $i_count");

You can see what happens with transparent gif's at http://pics.nhgc.asn.au/.

Dawson

destruxon

• Coppermine newbie

Thanks Dawson

Much appreciated, ahhh it was the brackets i was missing :D lol yeh i work with images all time at work transparent gifs and pngs are not the best behaved at the best of times :) But youve sorted a problem no doubt a lot of ppl have been suffering with! All of my images are white or coloured backgrounds to match the theme, it doesnt take a tick to replace a background anyway so im sure ppl wont mind doing it to get this great effect of the plugin on there site !

Thanx again to all

Dessy

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page

DementedManiac,

Thank you - nice work.

michelon

• Coppermine novice

hi, nice plugin. but one question. is it possible to put a white border around each picture? what do i have to chance?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.