Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge CPG with MyBB  (Read 6219 times)

RocketRonBFD

• Coppermine newbie
Bridge CPG with MyBB
« on: August 18, 2009, 09:14:44 pm »

MyBB bridged with CPG won't allow me to login

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Bridge CPG with MyBB
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 09:24:35 pm »

Use the emergency unbridging method outlined in the docs.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#bridge_manager_recover_start

Then try and log onto coppermine and mybb in standalone mode. If that works, clear all your cookies and try re-applying the bridge.

If this doesn't work the post a link to your site and details of your bridge settings, whether it has worked before etc.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 07:33:59 am »

In fact do exactly as suggested in the sticky thread "When requesting bridge support - mandatory!" on this sub-board. The very same thing is being suggested in the docs as well: Documentation -> Bridging support. Last not least board rules (you agreed to respect them when signing up) say as well that you need to post a link to your gallery when starting a new thread, which you failed to do just as well. Looks like you haven't read the docs, haven't read the sticky thread on the board you post in nor did you take a look at the board rules. Instead, you just blindly posted your question, which is something supporters are not very fond off. You're lucky that Phill is such a nice person to answer your question anyway, but you won't get away with this again: in the other thread you posted in you have been told about the docs already. Respect board rules and common sense in the future and RTFM before posting!

elwave

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 02:12:56 am »

In fact do exactly as suggested in the sticky thread "When requesting bridge support - mandatory!" on this sub-board. The very same thing is being suggested in the docs as well: Documentation -> Bridging support. Last not least board rules (you agreed to respect them when signing up) say as well that you need to post a link to your gallery when starting a new thread, which you failed to do just as well. Looks like you haven't read the docs, haven't read the sticky thread on the board you post in nor did you take a look at the board rules. Instead, you just blindly posted your question, which is something supporters are not very fond off. You're lucky that Phill is such a nice person to answer your question anyway, but you won't get away with this again: in the other thread you posted in you have been told about the docs already. Respect board rules and common sense in the future and RTFM before posting!

I'm sorry but why are you so mean all the time? I like Coppermine but I don't think I have ever come across such a (excuse my bluntness) rude admin on any forum I have ever been on :(

I know people should read the rules more, I know people should take all this time to go through all the documentation and search the board and... but why do you think people just ask? They do it for the same reason customers sit in lengthy call center queues to companies when they could just check the website - because it's quicker, more personal, and more convenient.

I do understand your points, but you can't hope to win some waging war on everybody who repeats a question - you will never, ever win this war, you're fighting raw human nature here ._.

Elwave ._.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 12:37:50 pm »

Thanks for pointing that out. You have a point there with fighting human nature. However, the reference to the call center queue doesn't apply: we're all unpaid volunteers here - it's our decision to make up the rules how support can be obtained and if we allow those who are just too lazy to read to get away with just queueing up in the support forum and asking the same question over and over again. Supporters get worn out that way. They get frustrated and quit because they hate to do something for free for someone they don't know at all but who is demanding as if they were paying for premium support. We can ask people to respect the rules, and I will continue to tell people to respect board because I believe in teaching people how to help themselves instead of just solving someone else's problem without that person learning anything. If you spoon-feed the newbies they will always remain newbies and never actually learn anything. While that's OK in many aspects of life (I don't want to be taught how to build or repair a car, I just want to drive it), it doesn't apply here: this is unpaid support for an open source app. We expect people to have particular skills. We expect people to respect the rules.
You blame me to be rude: maybe you have another concept of the meaning of the word "rudeness" that I'm not familiar with. This may also be amplified by my inability to express myself: English is not my first language, sorry. So in fact you may be right: I may sound rude, but I don't intend to be rude. I try to be as concise as possible, with all the extra courtesy. I'm simply not willing to use even more words. This is not rudeness imo, but efficiency.

Joachim

P.S. Your remark is not related to this thread, so you shouldn't have replied to it, but should have started a new thread. This policy is meant to avoid thread drift as much as possible for the benefit of those who actually search the board before posting. :D

elwave

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 01:24:12 am »

Sorry, I understand what you mean :)

elwave

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 01:37:21 am »

MyBB bridged with CPG won't allow me to login

Did you solve this problem in the end? I have the issue that NONE of my users can log into the gallery.

I tried emergency unbridging it and rebridging... I just don't know what to do to save it ._.  I even tried copying the bridge files from a fresh Coppermine download, but it errored, so I'm guessing that's not really an option ._.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 10:59:57 am »

If you need support, start a thread of your own, doing exactly as suggested in the docs, section "Bridging support". There is a sticky thread on this very sub-board named "When requesting bridge support - mandatory!" that explains that as well. The thread starter has been told so and decided to ignore that suggestion. Selfishly he didn't return neither to resolve his thread. I told him that and the you butted in. You should not act just as selfish as that person as well. Looks to me like you're just trolling. Don't!
Locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.