Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uploaded pictures in Community Builder Profile from Joomla 1.5.13  (Read 9401 times)

zaanhoeve

• Coppermine newbie

Hello

We have bridges coppermine into joomla. All is working well but we want the see the uploaded pictures from the user in the profile off the user (in a extra tab). In the profile of coppermine it's normal to see that but after bridging the profiles of CB are used.

Is there a plugin or hack for?

TerraCaching.EU

system info:
PHP Built on:       Linux mexillion.hosting-4.us 2.6.24.2-g-r3 #1 SMP Mon Feb 11 14:09:51 EET 2008 i686
Database Version:    4.1.22-standard-log
Database Collation:    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version:    5.2.6
Web Server:    Apache
Web Server to PHP interface:    cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version:    Joomla! 1.5.13 Stable [ Wojmamni Ama Baji ] 23-July-2009 04:00 GM
Member system: Community Builder 1.2
User Agent:    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; nl; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.18 (stable)

regards Kees

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Uploaded pictures in Community Builder Profile from Joomla 1.5.13
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 02:23:17 pm »

Firstly, you need to upgrade asap. You are running a very out of date version of coppermine ( <!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.18 ) so you are running the risk of getting hacked.

As for the CB issue there is not mod that I know of and I have searched for one for a friends site.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 08:54:55 am »

There is no GeoCaching Mod available afaik.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 11:49:07 am »

Joachim,

Just for your reference, CB or Community Builder is an additional component for Joomla. It is a sort of social networking type extension that allows the user to extend his profile or upload pictures, media etc in a facebook (ish) type of way.

Zaanhoeve,

It would be nice if you could make the "Powered by Coppermine" link a little more visible. The Powered By bit is nice and clear but the Coppermine Black on Brown makes it all but unreadable.

While I am not 100% sure what you are trying to accomplish, the bridge is not one of ours and as such we don not know it. All I can suggest is you use the custom link facility to add a link to the cb profile. Again, you will need to ask for support on the CB forums for exactly what to put in that link.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 02:44:46 pm »

Thanks for the update on the Joomla stuff - that's what I thought. I'm not very familiar with Joomla (and I must confess that I'm not very fond of it neither, as bridging as I understand it deals with logical integration of coppermine with another application in terms of user authentification). What most Joomla users request is visual integration of coppermine into Joomla, which is something that can only be accomplished by hacking coppermine into a state where it can no longer be used standalone. While that is fine for the people who need that and who understand the consequences, it's not something I would want to project to focus on: Coppermine is not yet-another-gallery-module for Joomla imo. The thread starter asked for a change both in the logic as well as the visuals, I'm aware of that. But as far as Coppermine is concerned, the Joomla-user is just a user identified by an ID - that's what the bridging system is for.
But I meant what I said: there is no mod available for coppermine that will add the particular features that people need for geocaching, i.e. the support for the geocoding exif tags.
So this leads to a slightly different interpretation of what you (zaanhoeve) might want to accomplish: when Coppermine and Joomla are being integrated using bridging, you might want data from Coppermine to show up within Joomla (e.g. in the user's profile page in Joomla), but that is in no way related to coppermine, but a matter of content syndication. This thread should never have been posted on the bridging sub board, as it isn't about bridging at all, but about content syndication. Moving to from "cpg1.4 bridging" to misc.

@Phill: I understand that you come from a Joomla-background and therefore can understand what the Joomla users want to see in Coppermine.

zaanhoeve

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 05:21:40 pm »

Hello All,

How our site is running now we are content with.

We are using Joomla with Community builder(CB). The profiles of our users is build by CB. It is possible to load plugins to ad extra tabs into the profile for forum posts, country flag, registered events and so on.

We are looking for a tab in the user profile that lets see the uploaded pictures of that user in Coppermine.

In the normal profile off Coppermine this is standard but because we use a bridge this is gone because we do not use the Coppermine profile.

We also have a module in the frontpage with the latest added pictures, so it must be possible to load user data into his profile as his uploaded pictures.

regards Kees

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 12:34:02 am »

We understand that. You'll have to edit Joomla code then. That's something we (the coppermine dev) are not familiar with. Take a look at cpmFetch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.