Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading, Dropping Bridge, Going Stand Alone, Want to Keep Album's Users  (Read 4312 times)

itgl72

• Coppermine newbie

I'm looking for direction on the best path to take for this project.

My scenario:

Older version of coppermine and joomla working together, but bridged. NO LONGER WANT TO INTEGRATE BRIDGE. Reason being, the website was updated to latest joomla version and bridges were not guaranteed to work with newer versions.

I want to upgrade the coppermine I have from .18 to the latest stable, but keep the pictures and the album owner names/usernames. However there are no users in the coppermine database.

What is my best path to do this?

I'm planning on having people just create a new user in the new coppermine, and let it run stand alone so future updates will not be hampered with bridges, etc. But users with albums already in there I would hope could get their album's access back.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me

It is a lot more complicated than that. If you want your users to have access to their photos they will need the same id number. Your user table in coppermin will be empty so you will have to create all the users again. If you have a lot of user this will not be an easy task.

There are a couple of bridges with Joomla and the one I use works well with the latest coppermine and the latest version of joomla but you will have to ask the author of that bridge for support if you get stuck. You might also want to look at jfusion who are also doing a coppermine bridge.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

itgl72

• Coppermine newbie

This coppermine only has about 30 users.

So, to be clear...

In the new coppermine I add the 30 users.
I change the userid in the users table to the number listed in the pictures table next to ones name called owner_id.
When that user logs in they will now be able to have access to their albums, and pictures?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.