Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Tried briging with e107 now ERROR message  (Read 14348 times)

Suaviterinmodo

• Coppermine novice
    • The Concrete Angel: Judith Barsi
[Closed]: Tried briging with e107 now ERROR message
« on: July 16, 2009, 04:28:21 am »

Hi, I must have really messed up something, but I don't know what or how. It seems like a database password error because it says when I try to go to my gallery (located here: http://judith-barsi.com/gallery/index.php): Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Access denied for user 'judithb_celia'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I checked my original my sql database, and it said:

Checking Database

judithb_galleryjb is now being checked.

judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_albums OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_banned OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_bridge OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_categories OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_comments OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_config OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_dict OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_ecards OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_exif OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_favpics OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_filetypes OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_hit_stats OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_pictures OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_plugins OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_sessions OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_temp_data OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_usergroups OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_users OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_vote_stats OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_votes OK

Check Complete

So it seems okay.

I was trying to bridge it with my new e107 database (http://judith-barsi.com/e107/)

The writer of the e107/coppermine plugin wrote in the installation instructions:

"3) Upload all files into yoursite.com/anyfolderthatllbecoppermine/
This folder SHOULD be e107 subfolder. I suppose it's impossible to make coppermine and e107 working together if they're in separate folders. At least with intregrated theme."

So I copied every file onto a folder on my computer's HD and then copied it into my e107 folder on my site. That is when I started getting the error message. What do I have to do? Reinstall coppermine again. I hope not, but if it does come to that I will do it.

Will someone please shed some light on what I did wrong and how to fix this?

Thank you in advance!

-Celia
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 08:16:20 am by Joachim Müller »
"Only the gentle are ever really strong."
~James Dean

You can't always get what you want, but if you try, sometimes you just might find you get what you need!
~The Rolling Stones

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Tried briging with e107 now ERROR message
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 07:40:39 am »

Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Access denied for user 'judithb_celia'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
For an original coppermine standalone version, you'd have to edit include/config.inc.php with a plain text editor to set things right.

I checked my original my sql database, and it said:

Checking Database

judithb_galleryjb is now being checked.

judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_albums OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_banned OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_bridge OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_categories OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_comments OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_config OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_dict OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_ecards OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_exif OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_favpics OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_filetypes OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_hit_stats OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_pictures OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_plugins OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_sessions OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_temp_data OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_usergroups OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_users OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_vote_stats OK judithb_galleryjb.cpg14x_votes OK

Check Complete

So it seems okay.
Whatever "check" means... ::) You trust a script to do something that you have no idea what it is.

I was trying to bridge it with my new e107 database (http://judith-barsi.com/e107/)

The writer of the e107/coppermine plugin wrote in the installation instructions:
The e107 thingy goes completely, utterly unsupported here. Ask the e107 people or the author of that integration mod for support, not us. It's definitely not a plugin from our point of view, since it's not using the coppermine plugin API.

From the announcement thread:
Q: I get an "Unable to connect to database ! MySQL Said" error.
A: It you get MySQL errors, try to turn register_globals off, because if it's on e107 unsets all globals.
This plugin can work with register_globals but i can't guarantee anything.

Suaviterinmodo

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 09:36:19 pm »

Okay, I will. Thanks.
~James Dean

You can't always get what you want, but if you try, sometimes you just might find you get what you need!
~The Rolling Stones

Suaviterinmodo

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 10:00:27 pm »

What do I need to do in the config file to set things right again? Change the sql database password?
~James Dean

~The Rolling Stones

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 08:17:40 am »

The e107 thingy goes completely, utterly unsupported here.
"Unsupported" means exactly what it says.

We can't tell you what you need to edit in that file. It needs to match your mysql access data that you received from your webhost, that's all. Ask your webhost for support if you need details, we simply can not know and therefor can not help.

Suaviterinmodo

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 04:02:21 pm »

Okay, again, thanks. :)
~James Dean

~The Rolling Stones
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.