Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Later watermarking with Stramm's mod of the Juploaded photos not working  (Read 14295 times)

fotke

• Coppermine novice
  • I am doing my best, but always open for suggestion
    • Amateur photos for Your desktop

Hi Etienne,
Thank You for the great plugin. I am using JUpload plugin Plugin v3.5.1 for a few weeks and it worked like a charm. The "problem" which other users mention about integration of Jupload and Stramm's mod is not so big IMHO, bcz I successfuly used admin utility Update thumbs and/or resized photos (1) on specific Album(s) after Juploading photos in them.

Yesterday I upgraded CPG to 1.4.24. I tested Jupload plugin with 24 pictures upload and it worked with no problem.

Today I installed Stramm's mod for 1.4.24. and I tested it on few pics uploading them via Upload function in CPG. Mod works nicely, as always.

When I tried to use admin utility Update thumbs and/or resized photos (1) on this latest album, no matter of the chosen options for that utility, CPG refreshes screen with no error but also with no processed pictures, I mean watermarked.

I searched the threads in the cpg support and in the Stramm's mod support and in Jupload support, also read many of the posts in them with at least similarity, but with no help.

I checked the file and directory permissions, nothing is different between latest (where watermaking does not work) and previous photos and directories (where watermarking worked). I really have no idea what could go wrong? Should I try to reinstall Jupload?

Thnx for help in advance.

Best regards,
Zoran

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki

I already worked on this one.

The problem is that the internal part of Coppermine is not structured, in a way that make easy the reuse of core function. So I have to duplicate the functions that manage the uploaded files.
  Stramm's mod is a hack, and, AFAIR, it changes this functions.

In other words:
- JUpload uses its own copy of the core methods
- Stramm's mod its own copy of these methods

AFAIK, Stramm's mod will be embedded in Coppermine 1.5. I hope I'll be able to be compatible with it, at this time. Coppermine 1.5 current SVN version is already on my computer. But I did not had time to work on it.

Etienne

fotke

• Coppermine novice

Dear Etienne,

Thank You for Your fast respond. However, it was strange to me that CPG+Stramm+JUpload worked nicely until upgrading to the newset versions of CPG 1.4.24 and Stramm's mod for that version. So I normally thought that I done something wrong but was not able to see what.

In Your opinion there is no help for my problem until some major upgrade of CPG (with Stramm's mod included) probably?

Best wishes,
Zoran

fotke

• Coppermine novice

FYI,
I tried reinstalling JUpload from scratch, doesn't help. I will stick to watermarking pics offline and uploading them with JUpload. You can see my gallery here: http://www.superfotke.com/galerija

Thanks again Etienne for Your time and great effort!

Best regards,
Zoran

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

Check the owner if you're sure permissions are set correctly.

Usually it's either one, wrong permissions or an ownership problem.

fotke

• Coppermine novice

I already checked them and there is no difference in ownership nor permissions between two albums created before and after upgrade of CPG and Your mod, Stramm. But, strange is that ownership of JUploaded photos (three sixes) has "nobody" and are in the separate folders (755) under userpics directory, with also "nobody" ownership unlike pics uploaded by CPG which have different ownership and are just in userpics directory.

Since it is the same in both albums, I doubt that this is the cause of the problem. Maybe I am wrong.

Thank You for Your time Stramm and thanks for the really great Mod!

Best wishes,
Zoran

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki

I already checked them and there is no difference in ownership nor permissions between two albums created before and after upgrade of CPG and Your mod, Stramm. But, strange is that ownership of JUploaded photos (three sixes) has "nobody" and are in the separate folders (755) under userpics directory, with also "nobody" ownership unlike pics uploaded by CPG which have different ownership and are just in userpics directory.

Since it is the same in both albums, I doubt that this is the cause of the problem. Maybe I am wrong.

Hum, hum,

I'll check the way JUpload stored files. And I'll check with Stramm's mod. I was so sure it could work, that I'm surprised of your answer !

Etienne

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

Please change ownership and permission of JUploaded files / folders to what CPG sets, try to watermark and report back.

The modpack uses CPG functions (some of course modified). Still creating images on the server relies on the same techniques as an unmodded CPG.
The huge main difference between an unmodded CPG and the modpack is, that the modpack also changes the original image. This may be from interest if you use the batch add feature and php has no write access to FTPd images.

That means you shouldn't be able to change image size (intermediate) of the JUploaded files with an unmodded CPG, too (you may try that as well).

fotke

• Coppermine novice

Dear Stramm,
Please change ownership and permission of JUploaded files / folders to what CPG sets, try to watermark and report back.
Since my gallery is on the commercial webhosting I have to ask support team to do that for me. Since working hours are over, it will be possible to ask them on Monday. Furthermore, this combination worked nicely until upgrade to 1.4.24 with same ownership and permissions in both cases.

The modpack uses CPG functions (some of course modified). Still creating images on the server relies on the same techniques as an unmodded CPG.
The huge main difference between an unmodded CPG and the modpack is, that the modpack also changes the original image. This may be from interest if you use the batch add feature and php has no write access to FTPd images.
I don't use FTPd images.

Only problem is that this combination stopped working after upgrade. I also tried reinstalling JUpload from scratch with no progress.

fotke

• Coppermine novice

Dear Stramm and Etienne,
I changed ownership of directory and photos from "nobody" to same owner as of photos uploaded by CPG.

With admin tool Update thumbs and/or resized photos (1) I had step forward in watermarking this time meaning that regardless of option - Both resized and full sized (if a orig copy is available) or
Everything... full sized, resized and thumbs
only resized picture would get watermark.

Please advice.
Regards,
Zoran

fotke

• Coppermine novice

Hi Etienne and Stramm,
I tested Jupload 3.6.1RC1 for the previously mentioned problems with watermarking from Admin utility and here is what I found:

1. Album created from within Jupload, photos Juploaded into it, watermarking of ALL files WORKS smoothly;
2. Album created from CPG, photos Juploaded into it, watermarking of ALL files WORKS smoothly;

So, know I have earlier functionality of CPG+Stramm's mod+Jupload.

This thread is really solved now.

Thank you for your valuable time and effort!

Best regards,
Zoran

fotke

• Coppermine novice

Latest test, biggest so far:

Jupload of 123 photos into one album, watermarking Everything in one pass of all of them took about 10 seconds but htat time depends on server power too.
You can check that album here: http://www.superfotke.com/galerija/thumbnails.php?album=66

THIS CPG+Stramm's mod+Etienne's JUpload combination WORKS GREAT!!!

Best wishes to all,
Zoran

fotke

• Coppermine novice

Latest test, biggest so far:

Jupload of 409 photos into one album, watermarking 130 by 130 in four passes (pay attention to the limit of one pass because of time limit).
You can check that album here: http://www.superfotke.com/galerija/thumbnails.php?album=72

THIS CPG+Stramm's mod+Etienne's JUpload combination REALLY ROCKS!!!

Best wishes to all,
Zoran

fotke

• Coppermine novice
Re: Later watermarking with Stramm's mod of the Juploaded photos not working
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 09:30:00 pm »

Latest upload, biggest so far:

Jupload of 1927 photos into one album, watermarking 130 by 130 in several passes (pay attention to the limit of one pass because of time limit).

You can check that album here: http://www.superfotke.com/galerija/thumbnails.php?album=79

THIS CPG+Stramm's mod+Etienne's JUpload combination REALLY ROCKS!!!

Keep up the good work people,
Best wishes,
Zoran

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 12:46:02 pm »

Excellent !
Thanks for this report.

For my information: did you resize pictures before upload, during upload (in jupload, then picture preparation take 'some time') or after upload (by the server, then picture preparation is very quick, and the upload is much longer) ?

Do you remember how long the upload was ?

Etienne

fotke

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 02:40:05 pm »

Dear Etienne,
Excellent !
Thanks for this report.
I hoped that You will appreciate this report.
For my information: did you resize pictures before upload, during upload (in jupload, then picture preparation take 'some time') or after upload (by the server, then picture preparation is very quick, and the upload is much longer) ?
I did not perform the preparation and upload of the photos, my friend did that, he was the author. AFAIK, he resized them on PC and then uploaded them.

Do you remember how long the upload was ?

Etienne
Sorry, I can't reach him now, but as soon as I have that info, I will post it.

Regards,
Zoran

fotke

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 04:10:38 pm »

Dear Etienne,

Today I finally talked with my friend who uploads large quantities of photos (at least 500 in one batch, biggest for now 1.900 of photos). He said that on ADSL 1M/128k, upload of one photo lasts about 10 seconds, so one can calculate the time for each of his batch to upload. Please have in mind that his jpgs are less than 100k.
Since 16th July 2009. he uploaded 13689 files in 17 albums, mostly weddings and birthdays.

I hope that this is information You asked.

Keep up the good work, You have done GREAT job, we are so thankful!

Best wishes,
Zoran

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 04:43:05 pm »

Ok,

Thanks for this reply !

Etienne
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.