Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Coppermine top tips  (Read 4407 times)

webdesigner09

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Coppermine top tips
« on: June 16, 2009, 03:11:51 am »

Is there any limitations to the amount of images you can have posted? Also what is the largest amount use so far. Would this work on a large community site. We are Web Design  http://www.dallasprowebdesigners.com/  company and have aclient that want to do some huge gallery stuff and we are trying to find an application that will facilitate this.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 10:30:39 am by Phill Luckhurst »

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 08:44:13 am »

Take care of where you post your question and also keep in mind we have 1 question per thread policy that you agreed upon when registering at this forum.

The amount of images can be as large as you like, search a little and you wil find galleries with thousands of images.
Coppermine can easily facilitate what you need. There is not a largest amount of pictures top 10 list but i myself have run one gallery containing 10.500 pictures so it is no problem.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 08:45:02 am »

You have now asked this same question in 3 innapropriate threads. I am not sure if this is an attempt to pimp your site or you are just not bothering to read the rules.

I will remove your link from all 3 posts. Please read the rules you agreed to when signing up and abide by them.

Your other posts.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,60138.msg297487.html#msg297487

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,51449.msg297485.html#msg297485
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 08:55:12 am »

Looks like Mr. Webdesigner (what a "clever" nick name ::)) tries to promote his services by just dumping a link on a page that has got a high page rank in Google. User is under close observation. Next tiny misbehaviour will result in ban.

@Phill: could you restore the reference to the site he tried to promote (without making it a clickable link - just spoil the auto-link feature by adding some opening/closing bold tags in the domain part of the url) so we can eventually add the domain to the stopword list. If it's not a throw-away domain, the desired effect may turn into the opposite, as the reference to his site contains the bashing here in this thread...  :-X
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 09:23:40 am by Joachim Müller »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 10:31:21 am »

@Phill: could you restore the reference to the site he tried to promote (without making it a clickable link - just spoil the auto-link feature by adding some opening/closing bold tags in the domain part of the url) so we can eventually add the domain to the stopword list. If it's not a throw-away domain, the desired effect may turn into the opposite, as the reference to his site contains the bashing here in this thread...  :-X

Done
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.