Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OutOfMemoryError for big pictures  (Read 4195 times)

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
OutOfMemoryError for big pictures
« on: June 15, 2009, 10:26:43 am »

Hi,

When uploading (very) big pictures, the applet would generate an error, saying: 'the picture is too big. It will be sent 'as is' to the server.'.

Please use this thread to react on this kind of problems.

A questions is: What is the biggest picture, that JUpload can send without generating such an OutOfMemoryError. Well ... it depends. It depends on your system configuration. I think I can't control the memory allowed to the applet. So it depends on your system.
For me, OutOfMemory occured for a picture of 3500x4900 pixels. All pictures taken with my EOS 20D (8 Mpixels) are ok.

From the applet version 3.5.3rc5, the JUpload behaviour has been improved: when an OutOfMemoryError occurs, the exception is properly trapped, and the file is sent as is to the server. Thanks to the chunk upload, the file is uploaded piece by piece, whatever the maxUploadFileSize of the server is. but the file size is still checked against the Gallery, then the JUpload configuration. So you may need to change the JUpload configuration, to upload big pictures in this case.
  Now, it can occurs that the picture is still too big, and would generate memory overflow while executing the script on your server. It should be harmless, but you'll the get a message in JUpload saying that the SUCCESS string has not been found. I'll improve that in next rc (release candidate) version.

JUpload 3.5.3rc5 package is available on this link :
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=59311.0;attach=21874

Etienne
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 10:32:53 am by etienne_sf »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.