Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A certain group from phpbb3 to not view the gallery  (Read 5701 times)

Danaldinho

• Coppermine regular visitor
  • Lil Wayne Fan
    • Lil Wayne
A certain group from phpbb3 to not view the gallery
« on: June 14, 2009, 08:59:31 pm »

Hey,

I have installed the bridge properly for coppermine and phpbb3 and it is working correctly.

Now I want one group which I have on my forums to not be able to access the gallery.

How is this done?

I looked in the galleries 'groups' page and I could see all my phpbb3 groups in there, but I couldn't see an option for them to view the gallery or not etc.

Please could someone let me know how this is done.

http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums and http://www.lilwaynehq.com/gallery

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: A certain group from phpbb3 to not view the gallery
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 07:55:45 am »

That's not how groups permissions work: in Coppermine, permissions by groups sumn up, least restrictive permissions apply. All your registered users belong to the registered group - if that group has particular permissions, deny them to have permissions if all your users that should have access reside in another group. Grant access to that group then. You can not specify a child group of the group registered to have less permissions than members of the parent group.
If you need a toggle that actually denies access for members of a particular group, you'll have to code that individually.

Danaldinho

• Lil Wayne Fan
    • Lil Wayne
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 05:23:47 pm »

Hey Joachim,

I have a 'registered users' group and a 'limited users' group and when a user signs up to my forums, they become a 'limited user'. Then after they reach 10 posts, they become a 'registered user'. Now I would like the 'registered' users' to be able to have access to view the gallery and the 'limited users' to not be able to view the gallery.

I looked in coppermine's group page and I couldn't see anything about an option for this or anything about the permissions, so is it not possible to do?

Thanks  :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 05:44:53 pm »

Can only be accomplished in cpg1.4.x by individual album, but not globally.

Danaldinho

• Lil Wayne Fan
    • Lil Wayne
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 06:01:13 pm »

When you say album, do you mean an album from the gallery which I have created or an album a registered user has created?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 06:05:02 pm »

There's a permission setting by album that is accessible using an album's properties dialog. Doesn't matter if the album in question resides in an admin-defined category or a user's personal gallery. However, you (as admin) have little control over the permission settings that your users apply for their personal galleries. This being said: assigning viewing permissions by album only makes sense for albums in public categories.

Danaldinho

• Lil Wayne Fan
    • Lil Wayne
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 07:47:07 pm »

There's a permission setting by album that is accessible using an album's properties dialog. Doesn't matter if the album in question resides in an admin-defined category or a user's personal gallery. However, you (as admin) have little control over the permission settings that your users apply for their personal galleries. This being said: assigning viewing permissions by album only makes sense for albums in public categories.

Thanks a lot, this helped a lot :)

Appreciate the help ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.