Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: question on bridge or intergration  (Read 4336 times)

SiNiStEr_NaTiOn

• Coppermine newbie
question on bridge or intergration
« on: June 13, 2009, 04:02:23 am »

I had search the forum, and I think i wasn't typeing the search words out for what I need to know.

I'm planning on building a photo gallery at which i want to use coppermine, but at the same time I'm going have forums on my site using phpbb3. I thought about using a cms.

1> How can i bridge or intergrate everything together so it can use the same login?

2> If there's a CMS out there that has the current coppermine and phpbb3 in it what would it be? Because i would prefer to go this route if possible

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: question on bridge or intergration
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 10:58:03 am »

There are a couple of bridges available between coppermine and phpbb3 but we can support only the one available here as that is the only one we know the code for.

The list of bridges that come with coppermine that we can support are available here.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#integrating_bridge_start

You can use third party bridges though. For instance, bridge both Coppermine and Phpbb3 with Joomla and that way all three would work together. In that case you would need to google something like "coppermine joomla" which will give you details. If you choose to go that way we could only provide support on the coppermine part and not the bridge as we do not know it.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 12:15:45 pm »

There is a supported bridge for phpBB3 and Coppermine as well. It's a user-contribution in the aspect that it doesn't ship with cpg1.4.x out of the box. However, it was created by Nibbler, who built most of the bridge files coppermine comes with and who is the bridging expert on the team, so you could say that it's a sort-of "official" bridge for phpBB3. I would have no concerns to bundle that bridge file with cpg1.4.x.
There is no "official" CMS for Coppermine, but among the main "competitors", Joomla comes to mind as well as Zikula and e107. For all of of those three CMS there are different levels of integration with coppermine available. Support varies. Personally, I can give no recommendation as I haven't worked with any of them.

SiNiStEr_NaTiOn

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 12:42:25 am »

After thinking everything through I decided to build my website using the phpbb3 core and I still want to use coppermine for the main purpose of my site a photo gallery site

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 01:04:30 am »

In that case, use the bridge Joachim suggests.

There is already a theme for coppermine based on the standard phpbb3 theme, pro-silver

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55921.0.html

As well as these other superb ones also from DaMysterious

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,58415.msg287176.html#msg287176
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,58563.0.html

He really is a bit good at this.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.