Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with uploadingfiles when upgrading to 1.4.23  (Read 5822 times)

reep

• Coppermine newbie
Problem with uploadingfiles when upgrading to 1.4.23
« on: May 25, 2009, 01:50:55 pm »

Hi there , I just did an upgrade to the newest version and now when I tried to upload a photo I got this message : 0 uploads were successful. 
and no errors could anybody know what to do ? before the uploading everything worked before fine .

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Problem with uploadingfiles when upgrading to 1.4.23
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 07:51:57 pm »

Then you better read the docs, section "asking for support on upload issues" and do exactly as suggested there....

gammann

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 04:44:05 am »

I had this same problem.  If i downgraded my files to 1.4.22, and left my database at 1.4.23 level, I could upload again.  To be more specific, I only had an issue with using the http uploads, batch uploads worked fine.

I made the 1.4.23 upgrades manually, and the uploading broke after editing the init.inc.php file.

I also had the warning about register globals being on, so I turned it off in the php.ini and now after going back to 1.4.23, I am able to upload again.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 07:37:05 am »

First of all, you should use cpg1.4.24. Downgrading is not an option. Not being able to upload can have a myriad of reasons, that's why we request users seeking support to do as suggested in the docs. Your well-meant advice doesn't help here - it only makes people reluctant to upgrade, because they "read somewhere" that upgrading can cause issues. This is not the case: we take care of upgrading issues if necessary. Always use the most recent version and do as we suggest in the docs. There's a reason why we describe the prcoess in the docs the way we did. There is no alternative method.

gammann

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 02:06:14 pm »

wow man chill.....Someone had a problem and I tried to help by providing some troubleshooting that I did.  This is what the internet is about.

Sure not being able to upload can be because of many reasons, but I did some troubleshooting on my own, and determined a solution.  I actually upgraded to 1.4.24 to try to fix the problem, but it didn't work either.  So I did what anyone would do, go back to the working version.  That fixed it, so then I looked at the changes that were made to 1.4.23, and followed the manual instructions on how to make them.  I tested the upload feature after every change to determine what caused the problem.

So yes, 1.4.23 does have a problem.  If you have register globals on, it breaks your http uploading.  Even if the code is just supposed to warn you that its on.

dolomites

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 08:44:26 pm »

The problem is still the init.inc.php; if you use an older version of this file the upload works   :o

ucenicul

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 10:54:10 pm »

I met the same problem after upgrading to latest version 1.4.24. I changed the file you indicated and the problem is resolved. Thank you very much Nibbler!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.