Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Login not Working to get to Admin section....just wondering what this could be.  (Read 4140 times)

dafire

• Coppermine newbie

Hi,

I'm on my second upgrade. I noticed this during my first upgrade, but thought it was due to server maintence....thought the db wasn't available.

This upgrade: 1.4.9 to 1.4.22
Did everything supposed to do:
 - Backed up the previous db and the config and anycontent filie.
 - Uploaded all the new files (actually cleared everything out except for my albums folder, then uploaded everything again).
 - Ran the update.php and did the version check
 - http://www.dafire.com/gallery

First night everything worked.....well, except my categories menu (will post in a seperate thread)
Next day, I couldn't get past the welcome screen.
 - I uploaded the config file again....ran the update, did the version check.....everything worked.
 - Stepped away for a while
 - came back and it wasn't letting me back in again.
 - uploaded the config file....not letting me in...ran the update, and version check....nothing.

Today, decided to upload everything again. Cleaned off all the files, uploaded old db.
 - upload the all files, ran update, and version check....nothing.
 - read in the docs about a cookie....emptied my cookies and cache in IE...i'm using IE 6.0 (could be my first issue.)
 - restarted browser
 - everything is working

I ran into this problem during my first upgrade on another site. I did the whole upload the config/update/version check shabang, and each time I did that it ran...until it wouldn't run, but also lost the whole site...contacted my host, they said they were running server maintence. First update was on a completely seperate host (different client).

Anyhow, I don't know what to check to see what might be causing this.

Any insight would be appreciated.

dafire

• Coppermine newbie

Still doing research on this through the boards.

FYI -
This was an upgrade.
The installed theme is being used.
Uploaded the new language files.
Removed spaces from the config file.
Checked the session variable, it is set at 40 (one thread said this variable might be short), tested by expanding to 80...still nothing.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.