Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: JUpload freezes up  (Read 18833 times)

Jared5755

• Coppermine newbie
JUpload freezes up
« on: May 05, 2009, 01:32:00 am »

Everything on my gallery works.  I just installed JUpload.  Checkout what happens when I try and upload files (see attached).

It completely hangs up.  I ran it with debug output, but as you can see it completely freezes, so I can't even see the debug output.  I need to ctrl-alt-delete to get out of it.

I tried mozilla, chrome and IE with multiple usernames (1 being admin).  Same thing happens.  Although, it worked whenever I only uploaded 1 image.  And (I know this is going to make it harder to diagnos) it did work a couple times (uploaded 31 images fine).  But, by far, most the time it freezes.

Sorry I can't post more info, ask me what you need though and I'll try and get it before it freezes.

Thanks.

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
Re: JUpload freezes up
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 11:07:19 am »

Yes,

I found this issue yesterday. It's an internal lock in Java code, when displaying messages (especially error messages). I just corrected it.

Watch out for the new release (3.5.1)

Etienne

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 04:17:02 pm »

Hi,

I releases the 3.5.1 version. Now, at least, you'll be able to see the error message...

Etienne

Jared5755

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 05:49:18 pm »

Hi,

I releases the 3.5.1 version. Now, at least, you'll be able to see the error message...

Etienne

Thanks a lot.  I installed it and saw that the error is "The string "^SUCCESS$" was not found..."

Now I've been trying to recreate it so I can get debug info, but it's freezing up again.  Tried Chrome, IE and Firefox again and all of them still freeze. 

Any ideas?

By the way, this plugin is extremely cool!

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 08:03:36 pm »

Hum,

I just finished mounting a VMWare, with Linux on it. I repeated this trouble
  I guess I tested too quickly.
 :(

BTW, can you send me your PHPInfo (by PM, for instance)

Etienne

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 12:16:51 am »

Thanks for the PM.

The problem is not relative to safe mode. Actually, the applet locks, apparently because of a problem of thread synchronization. As I didn't succeed in repeating it in the debugger, it's really tricky to solve.

Can you try the attached version. It works better, but it would be nice if you can test it.

It contains:
- Some enhancements on thread management
- The generation of the debug output file is on again. You'll find a jupload_nnnnnnnnnnnn.log.txt file in your temporary directory. Useful if the applet freezes again.

I still have troubles, from time to time, with pictures ... coming from my phone: out of memory!  With pictures coming from my EOS 20D, no problem, despite the fact that they are three times bigger!

A last point: it looks like if there are less problems when debug is on, on the applet (CTRL+right click on the applet, and select 'debug'). I didn't found the reason. I'll fight with this ... tomorrow.

Etienne

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 11:04:35 pm »

Hi,

Here is another try. It works for me, on the same test box where I repeated the issue you had.

It should solve your problem: it's a workaround: make the applet work in debugLevel 100, but allow redirect to the next page, after upload.

Can you try it ?

Etienne

Jared5755

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 11:42:10 pm »

Yup, it works.  I just uploaded a couple batches of 20 pics each and no problems.

From the user's perspective it's just fine.  Thanks a lot.

-Jared

Strangerel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 10:26:41 am »

:) version 3.5.2

May be Russian name of file?

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 10:56:09 am »

Please create your own thread, when asking a question.

Managing mixed questions is complex, and I give sometimes wrong answer because of that.

then: Did you close and re-open your browser, after the 3.5.2 installation ?

Etienne

Chrigu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 04:20:51 pm »

Hi,

Here is another try. It works for me, on the same test box where I repeated the issue you had.

It should solve your problem: it's a workaround: make the applet work in debugLevel 100, but allow redirect to the next page, after upload.

Can you try it ?

Etienne

I am having the same problem. JUpload freezes after the first images was uploaded. How do I set the debugLevel to 100, and how do I allow redirects to the next page?

Many thanks!

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 01:28:21 am »

Hum,

The 3.5.2 would freeze with IE7, when using common property values, in the upload page.

By the way, the attached 3.5.3rc1 version should work better. But, as I didn't repeat your trouble, I can not be sure.

If it doesn't work, can you find the jupload_nnnnnnnnnnnn.log.txt file in your temporary directory, and post it to me. It will be useful if the applet freezes again.

Etienne

Arcon

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 10:44:34 am »

Hy all,

because of the fact the errormessage can not be read we maybe have the same problem.

The problem is the picture size in pixel, if the applet has to change the picture sizes it hooks up.
So i had to change manually all picture sizes (pixel) to the coppermine limit and set JUpload settings for picture size in JUpload config.

So this was my work around

greetings going on
Arcon

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 11:37:11 am »

Hi,

Thanks for the report.

It works for me. I know, it's not the best response, but the first step to correct a bug is to repeat it. And I can't.

Can you check that the applet version is: V4.3.3, SVN-Rev 763 (written on the bottom of the applet) ?

because of the fact the errormessage can not be read we maybe have the same problem.

Do you mean you've seen an error message somewhere ?   In the jupload_nnnnnnnnnnn.log.txt file ? 
- If yes, can you post it here ?
- If no, where ?

I'd like to correct that issue quickly, but I need to repeat the problem first....

Etienne

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 10:53:43 am »

Ok,

I think the applet freezes, because of an OutOfMemoryError, that can occurs. Actually, this occurs for me, when uploading several files (>50), with limiter memory.

I added calls to free memory. For me, it works.

Can you try the attached jupload version ?

Etienne

Chrigu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 05:24:12 pm »

Hi,

Jupload still freezes after one uploaded image. I can mark image files for upload, I can see thumbnail previews, I can rotate images, and I can delete selected images. I tested JUpload on Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer under Windows XP. I've been using JUpload plugin for Coppermine v 3.5.3rc2 and ImageMagick 6.5.2-4 2009-05-13 Q16.
I attached the error log that was sent via e-mail.

Jupload is a great tool. I hope that it will work again. Many thanks, Chrigu

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 05:48:31 pm »

Hi,

Thanks for the report. I'll go on work on this one.

Can you test with GD instead of ImageMagick? I think there is a problem between ImageImagick and JUpload.

Etienne

Chrigu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2009, 03:39:21 pm »

The same happened with GD version 2.x. I got additional debug information at the top of my web page:
[DEBUG] Category received: -1
[DEBUG] Category changed to: 10002 (user's album))
[DEBUG] JUpload will run with category 10002 and album -1

Hope this helps, Chrigu

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 11:13:29 pm »

Hi,

This one is hard, and the bad news is that my laptop is to be formatted. I guess it will take one day or more to have it work again.

Before, I had time to correct a bug, that would actually freeze the applet. Hope this is the one you encountered.

Can you try the attached jupload file ?

Etienne

NB: To anyone, if this patch doesn't work: if I can have an admin access to your system, it would be much better, than trying to guess what could be wrong.

saks

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 06:06:51 am »

etienne_sf, Many thanks! I too had a problem with freezing. Last version Jupload has solved it!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.