Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JUpload hangs - probably network/firewall issue  (Read 4775 times)

Letus

• Coppermine newbie
JUpload hangs - probably network/firewall issue
« on: April 28, 2009, 05:58:54 pm »

Hi,
  i was using your mod 3.2.3, but was throwing some weird errors to some of my users, so upgraded to 3.5. Since then, im unable to upload anything. I install the mod via FTP, add it via control panel, go to JUPLOAD, pick the file, see 200 OK response header in log, all works. Once i click on TRANSFER/UPLOAD button to start transfering the files, nothing happens. Not in mine gallery, not in your testing too. Nada. Tried Chrome browser, Java 6 update 13, update 10, no difference. Tried Firefox 3.0, no difference. OS is Windows XP proffesional - firewall DISABLED, but also AVG antivirus and resident shield installed and RUNNING. When I try to watch network traffic via firebug, i see all the files to be downloaded, applet initialized, when i choose gallery, i see ajax request, but once i start uploading files, I do not see anything. Im thinking, somethings wrong with the network then. No idea where to look, tried all the variants i know. Im PHP programmer, so im quite skilled, but this is weird, cant explain why it doesnt work. Do you have any idea about requirements of ports and way of this java upload ? or anyone experienced this problem ?
 Thank you

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
Re: JUpload hangs - probably network/firewall issue
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 10:47:48 pm »

Hum,

Hard to say.

One point, to begin: If I understand well, the applet is initialized correctly, and you can add files to it.

If yes, can you send me the full debug output of the applet, after adding one file, and without uploading any.

Etienne

Letus

• Coppermine newbie
Re: JUpload hangs - probably network/firewall issue
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 10:14:38 am »

The applet is initialised correctly. I can choose a file. It says "preparing for upload" and then it gets stuck. No log message (except the one about resizing visible part of the applet when I switch to another window or resize the current window). It cannot be cancelled - i can press the cancel button, but the applet is frozen. No file is ever uploaded. Via normal upload, all works just fine.

I did some research in this, and it MAY BE caused by the AVG antivirus program. It contains some firewall and http monitoring shite in it, causing various problems with internet connection, different tools that use non-standard ports to do stuff, even FTP is having issues. I recieved an uninstall script to remove this firewall, will try tonite and let you know, if that was the case.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.