Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Invalid]: Altering Themes  (Read 2946 times)

LadyJemima

• Coppermine newbie
[Invalid]: Altering Themes
« on: April 08, 2009, 11:07:38 pm »

I have applied a (kindly-donated) user-contributed theme and love it.  I would like to change one or two things, namely the title and sub-title ("Coppermine Photo Gallery" and "Personal Photo Gallery") and the GalleryRoll.

I read the following in a stickied topic:

to edit a menu (or anything else), take a look at themes/sample/theme.php, find the menu section, copy it over to the theme you're actually using (themes/yourtheme/theme.php). Then edit the menu accordingly (comment the login link out, don't remove it). Another option would be to add a target attribute to the <a href> tag.

However, I am not a tech-savvy person and this is pretty Greek to me.  Where can themes/sample/theme.php be found, and how can it be "applied" over top the current theme?

Many thanks,
Alissa
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 07:49:04 am by Joachim Müller »

LadyJemima

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Altering Themes
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 11:22:14 pm »

Um, I tried to delete this post by clicking the "X" but it took me nowhere. (?) 

I stupidly missed the "How To Edit A Template" section of the manual so I want to hold off asking any questions until I give it a good read/try.  My bad; apologies for the clutter.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Altering Themes
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 07:48:50 am »

No need to edit the template to accomplish that: go to coppermine's config, expand the very first paragraph "General settings" and fill in your desired gallery name and description into the fields that are named accordingly. The name "Coppermine Photo Gallery" is just the default that you should of course edit. Editing the template file and hard-coding your gallery name into it is silly and won't help much, as the gallery name from config will show through in many other places that can't be edited out easily. That's why in this case editing template.html is not the solution. The solution is to edit the corresponding config option "Gallery name".

We assume that people have read the docs before asking questions. In fact, this is even part of the board rules that you agreed to respect when signing up. This is not your first silly question: you have asked a lot of questions already that could easily have been solved be looking at the docs or if you're too lazy to read by just looking at the config screen carefully. Stop it now: your next question that shows you haven't read the docs will get locked without an answer.

Locking this thread and marking it accordingly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.