Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: SVGZ files refused by coppermine  (Read 10690 times)

coober

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: SVGZ files refused by coppermine
« on: March 29, 2009, 12:07:13 pm »

Hi, I'm using 1.4.19 and attempts to upload svgz files get refused.

Error Report
The following uploads encountered errors:
File Uploads:
File Name/URL   Error Message
1. 150tank-080501.svgz   Forbidden file extension.

I'm guessing this may be related to coppermine not being able to create the thumbnails.

Is this something that can be configured or is there a work around?

I need to add these SCALABLE vector graphics not raster formats like jpeg or png.

TIA, Coober.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 10:05:00 pm by Nibbler »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: SVGZ files refused by coppermine
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 12:56:36 pm »

Hi, I'm using 1.4.19
Then update - most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.21. There's a reason why maintenance releases come out. To find out more, read the announcements...

attempts to upload svgz files get refused.
Coppermine can't create thumbnails from that file type - that's true. Anyway, you can make it accept that type of file as a document (i.e. without creating the thumbnail). You need to allow the extension though, using Nibbler's filetypes plugin.

coober

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 02:04:24 pm »

Thanks, I got Nibble's extension and added a filetype entry for svg and svgz. However , when I select the svgz file, add description text etc., I get the somewhat contradictory message:
The previous file could not be placed.

You have successfully placed all the files.

Did I misunderstand something about it accepting this as a "document"?

thanks again.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 02:29:00 pm »

I'm out of crystal balls and my mind-reading capabilities are limited. Could you post a link to your gallery, attach a screenshot of the file types plugin that shows what you have done and do as suggested in the docs, section "asking for support on upload issues"? Thanks.

coober

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 03:44:35 pm »

OK, I realised what you refered to as "document" whilst preparing to do a screen shot. I had configured it as "image" type with mimetype of "image/svg+xml" and "no player".

However, if I enter "document" and "text/xml" or "text/svg" I'm back to square one and it is refusing the file extension exactly as it did before adding the plugin and configuring the filetype.

The following uploads encountered errors:
File Uploads:
File Name/URL   Error Message
1. 150tank-080501.svgz   Forbidden file extension.

What I just noticed while repeating this as "image" is that in this case it is NOT an UPLOAD error , the upload succeeds., it is the placement of the file which produced the error "The previous file could not be placed." That presumably comes back to failing to make the thumbnail.

Sorry for not having noticed that the first time.

So , in following your suggestion of using it as a document, it is once again an upload issue.
I'm back to
150tank-080501.svgz   Forbidden file extension

Here's the attachment of the filetype config.

coober

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 03:48:10 pm »

http://www.solaire-chauffe-eau.info/panneau-solaire-thermique.html#CESI

the gallery is under the "images" menu entry and I am trying to add the svgz along side the png graph in the last section.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 04:00:00 pm »

Nonsense: don't force us to get familiar with your site's navigation. Frames suck anyway. Actual link to gallery is http://www.solaire-chauffe-eau.info/photos/
You're running cpg1.4.19, while the most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.21. It's mandatory to upgrade instantly.
Apart from that: read the section "asking for support on upload issues" once again and do exactly as suggested there. I'm not ready to discuss this, nor do I like people who pretend to be someone else: you appear to come from France (judging by the content of your site and the IP address you used to log in here) and not (as you stated in your profile) from Afghanistan.
Follow the instructions I posted to a "T" if you expect me to help.

coober

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 05:04:32 pm »

Only files with the following extensions are accepted :

jpg/jpeg/jpe/gif/png/bmp/jpc/jp2/jpx/jb2/swc/iff/asf/asx/mpg/mpeg/wmv/swf/avi/mov/mp3/midi/mid/wma/wav/ogg/psd/doc/txt/rtf/pdf/xls/pps/ppt/zip/gz/mdb.

File: /homez.152/solairec/www/photos/db_input.php - Line: 343

so it seems the plugin did not alter what it should have...

{EDIT} sorry , I got distracted, this post was sitting in another tab and I'd forgotten to post it.
like I said above this seems to clearly point to the error of this new extention still not being recognised.

Nibbler

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 06:12:46 pm »

What do you have set in config for 'Allowed document types'?

coober

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 08:41:37 pm »

many thanks , that's what is was missing. Having added svg and svgz to that list I was able to upload an svgz as a document.

I also changed to use imagemagick to handle images , which can treat svg (I used it earlier to create the png from svg). However, even though it could in principal create a thumbnail coppermine is reporting it as an invalid image when I configure svg as image and not document.

This would be a bug if the library can handle it. Unfortunately I dont see any similar config as 'Allowed document types' to select allowed image types. I guess that is hardcoded.

It was pretty simple finally. Although uploading as a document is a bit of a hack and is a lot less clear to the visitor.

thanks for the help

coober

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 08:45:40 pm »

upload svg file configured type "image" mimetype "image/svg+xml"

The file you have uploaded is not a valid image !

File: /homez.152/solairec/www/photos/db_input.php - Line: 370
:(

Nibbler

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 08:50:31 pm »

Yeah. Coppermine will reject anything PHP's getimagesize() doesn't support.

coober

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 09:58:54 pm »

OK, so that's the bottom line reason.

I suppose some check on the image memory requirement is needed for raster formats and a different test would be needed for svg format since it does not expand.  SVG files themselves can tend to get very large if there are a lot of small vectors since it's basically a text description (xml) so I think. as long as it passed the upload filesize limit, a resulting jpeg thumbnail would always be small with out the need to create a temporary memory image to scale down.

As an idea for future development it would be good to have a means to supply a thumbnail both for "document" uploads and for unsupported image formats.

thumb_document.jpg shown here looks rather out of place.

It's always going to be limiting using this kind of software , so thanks for helping me get the best out of what it is capable of.

Nibbler

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 10:04:35 pm »

You can always make your own custom thumbnails manually. I agree it would be nice to provide support for all formats that ImageMagick supports, maybe in a future version.

coober

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009, 10:23:52 pm »

Nonsense: don't force us to get familiar with your site's navigation. Frames suck anyway. Actual link to gallery is http://www.solaire-chauffe-eau.info/photos/
Nonsense indeed, one click is hardly going to kill you or force you to get familiar with anything.
You're running cpg1.4.19, while the most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.21. It's mandatory to upgrade instantly.
Which mandate was that , I missed it. Certainly worth doing in view of the gapping security hole in your software though.
Apart from that: read the section "asking for support on upload issues" once again and do exactly as suggested there. I'm not ready to discuss this, nor do I like people who pretend to be someone else:
Whoa! Stop right there. I can not be "pretending" to be someone else since you know sod all about me other than an internet pseudo. Any preconception of anything else comes out of your own head. The entry in my profile does not say I am posting from Afghanistan nor that my ISP is based there , your rant is meaningless.
you appear to come from France (judging by the content of your site and the IP address you used to log in here) and not (as you stated in your profile) from Afghanistan.
Funny how "appearances" can be misleading, you should be more careful before shouting you mouth off.[/quote]
Follow the instructions I posted to a "T" if you expect me to help.
[/quote]
 I posted a request for help on a support forum. I don't "expect" support, but neither do I expect some developer to start shouting "Ausweiss bitte"  at me before replying.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Solved]: SVGZ files refused by coppermine
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 07:22:43 am »

Your rant comes a bit late... Anyway, thanks for the racist remark. I will put it on my mantlepiece. In the meantime, you may ask yourself why we ask our visitors to specify where they're from or why the board rules and the suggestions in the docs exist. Locking thread to avoid further rants.

coober

• Coppermine newbie
why is selecting "country" required?
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 10:20:38 am »

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=58787.new;topicseen#new
you may ask yourself why we ask our visitors to specify where they're from

Well actually , rather than guess, I'm going to ask you since you impose the rules.

Firstly please note that there is no explanation of what "country" means. Are you looking for nationality , family origin, current physical country, an indication of mother tongue, the language of the site or where site using coppermine is hosted. You seem to interpret it as where someone "is from" which could itself mean different things.

You criticised me in the above thread for "pretending to be someone else" because the country in profile did not match the language of the site's content. You may wish to note that many people travel and live in different countries nowadays.

I still await an explanation of how that is pretending to be someone else.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: why is selecting "country" required?
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 03:31:50 pm »

Well, did you ask yourself what we could benefit from? The following possible answers come to mind:
  • The country where the webserver is located - will help to figure out time zone issues
  • Your nationality in terms of language skills - it might help sometimes to understand if a user comes from a particular region, e.g. to make him aware of a language-specific sub-board
  • The country you currently access the internet from when posting - this might help if you have connectivity issues in relation to censorship (e.g. China) or general connectivity issues for "exotic" countries (usually "third-world" countries with poor infrastructure)

For the vast majority of all users, the answer to all those "country questions" is the same: they live in the country they have been born to, they speak the language of the country they live in as their native language and the webserver their site runs on is located in their country as well. That's why the form doesn't make a difference for those rare cases where the country questions could bring up different results.
In your case though, choosing Afghanistan didn't help: you don't appear to have any issues in writing and understanding English, there's no sub-board dedicated to the language spoken in Afghanistan (quite frankly, I don't have a clue if it is one language or many of them,; wether it's Arabic or not; like I said: doesn't matter in this aspect). You don't appear to be posting from Afghanistan (well, technically speaking you could, using a proxy that disguises your true IP address), nor do you appear to be web-hosted in Afghanistan.
I can not understand why you need to insist and re-start a closed and locked topic. The topic has been locked for a reason. Why do you need to be so confrontational and start this discussion over - just for the sake of arguing? Do you actually think that I'm ready to lead a discussion with someone who has insulted me with racist remarks?
I'm merging this thread with the other, locked one. Don't start another one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.