Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Drupal 6 bridge  (Read 102289 times)

palle

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Drupal 6 bridge
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 10:09:46 am »

hi,
updated the bridge again : overwrite file drupal6.inc.php with new one.
What's fixed: drupal might use database prefix, but due to an error the bridge was ignoring it.
OK, that made me happy - now it seems to work!

A big thanks to you for finding time to deliver fixes the last few days!!

The only error left is this:
It seems that the error get fixed after clicking user/groups.
No change to settings there. Weird.
I can live with that, because it seems that it is only necessary to do once, and then never again, but maybe someone can tell why it is necessary and what happens in coppermine when clicking user/groups, because I can not believe that it does not change something in coppermine config...

extrabigmehdi

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2010, 01:36:11 pm »

@Joachim Müller
That's a nonsensical approach: you as a developer should be aware of the fact that there's a reason why applications have version numbers
I was tired , hoping to type less, and just wanted to answer quickly to palle.
But if you insist:

coppermine 1.5.6
drupal 6.17
wampserver 2.0i

@palle
Happy you managed to make the bridge work at the end.
About the necessary click on user/groups, I don't remind encountering the issue on other bridges.
I might fix this later.

timska77

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2010, 03:25:20 am »

I searched and couldn't find an answer to the problem I'm having, if there is a relevant thread somewhere I must have missed it.

I'm trying to bridge Drupal and Coppermine and I've been getting the type of errors that usually I'm able to fix easily. None of my normal tricks seem to help, they just change the error. I'm using Drupal 6.15 and Coppermine 1.4.19. Both worked fine before the attempt to bridge. The problem seems to be with Inspekt. My server is set up to run php4 or 5 but I have to switch between them so if I have php4 running and if I want to run a page with php5 I have to use that as an extension and vice versa. I have some older CMSs and Blogs running that get a little sketchy when I switch the server to run php5 outright but when I do it doesn't help anyway, I'll list my errors below. Drupal still runs fine but Coppermine not at all.

This is the error right after I put enabled the bridge:
Fatal error: Class 'Inspekt' not found in /public_html/dogtraining/gallery/bridge/drupal6.inc.php on line 34

So I did a little Googling and discovered what Inspekt was and placed it on the server. I just put it right in the bridge folder and added this line to drupal.inc.php:

require "Inspekt.php";

And now I get this error:

Fatal error: Cannot access protected property Inspekt_Cage::$_source in /public_html/dogtraining/gallery/bridge/drupal6.inc.php on line 35

My apologies if this is the wrong place for this or it's been covered already but I'm at a loss here. Thanks in advance for any help!

extrabigmehdi

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2010, 03:29:35 am »

I'm using Drupal 6.15 and Coppermine 1.4.19
Wrong coppermine version , update to cpg 1.5x

timska77

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2010, 03:30:39 am »

Wow, that was fast thanks! And thanks for building the bridge for us!

palle

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2010, 02:22:08 pm »

Hi.

With the visual integration enabled, there is some redundant and empty information on the coppermine main page I think. I would like to remove what I have marked with red in the picture - does anyone know how?

palle

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2010, 02:29:41 pm »

I forgot my site information:

http://egebjergvej.dk/bridgetest2/gallery/
user: test/test

How is it possible to edit my previous post? - I can see that extrabigmehdi did it on page 1 in this thread.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2010, 02:38:22 pm »

How is it possible to edit my previous post?
That's just possible for some users, like dev team members, supporters, translators and other contributors.

extrabigmehdi

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2010, 03:00:44 pm »

@palle,
the "coppermine title" at top , appears from the drupal module. Just search how to disable title for drupal modules  (don't want to search myself  ;D ).
Considering the  white space, it appears even when not bridged , when I  see this demo:
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg15x/
I  guess this space is here , for stuff that appear after login.
Anyway, not a bridge a issue.

palle

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2010, 03:38:36 pm »

@extrabigmehdi
Thanks for the quick answer.

I have another question. If you log in to my site (user test/test), and alternately click on "gallery" and "My account" in the left side, you can see that when viewing the gallery, a small strip of the cpg curve theme is present in both sides, whereas it dissappears when back in drupal. How can that be?

/Palle

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2010, 08:39:52 pm »

You need to edit your theme code to remove a few elements. I've done the same here - http://www.windsurf.me.uk/cpg133

Unfortunately I did it on the fly so did not make notes. I used the firefox plugin, firebug to work out what to edit.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

rrlives

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2010, 09:35:10 am »

I'm extremely new at all of this, but I'm managing to get it done. (by all I mean both coppermine and drupal)

I installed the bridge, I was able to configure the permissions in the coppermine module... but... how do I actually SEE coppermine galleries inside of drupal??There seems to be no instructions for that at all...

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2010, 09:58:05 am »

Sorry, but the coppermine team afaik do not use Drupal so you may be better off asking on the Drupal forums. The author of the bridge may be able to help but he does go long periods without visiting here.

palle

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2010, 11:37:16 am »

@rrlives
If you carefully follow the instructions from the original post by extrabigmehdi and then replies #16 and #20, you will get it to work.

rrlives

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2010, 09:37:32 pm »

Well, I got a reply and I hadn't installed the integration, I thought it was optional and it had only to do with the design elements...right now I'm only concerned with testing the technical side to make sure it works.

So I tried to install the integration package in every imaginable way - first it wasn't working and I realized I needed to make sure the permissions were right.  That stopped the error message... but I still can't get any farther. 

Going through the plugin manager, I have tried uploading the integration as a zip, and as individual items.  As a zip it just doesn't happen, no error, as php files they are rejected for not being plugins.

I've logged out, logged back in, I've tried FTPing the files, but then I can't figure out how to reach them.

I'm at a wall.

Any ideas?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2010, 10:11:08 pm »

rrlives

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2010, 12:02:10 am »

Have you read - http://www.mehdiplugins.com/misc/cpgdrup.htm

Yes, of course, that's where I got the file and the instructions I followed.

But the plugin manager is rejecting the integration file.  If I unzip it, it says the php files aren't plugins.  If I try to upload it as a zip, it tries, and doesn't give an error message, it just says the plugin was not installed.

From there I have no clue what to try. I logged out, logged in, redownloaded the file, nuthin'

I uploaded the files directly via ftp, but...how then?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2010, 12:19:22 am »

Hmm, I've just tried installing the plugin myself and it works fine. I went to the plugin managet, hit browse and selected cpg1.5.x_plugin_drupal6_visualinteg.zip and pressed upload. This then added the  plugin to the list. I then clicked the install button nect the the bridge name and all was OK. I cannot test further as I do not have a drupal installation on my system.

What error do you get? We need more details to understand what is going on. Attach screenshots if you think that will help.

rrlives

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2010, 12:54:13 am »

Like I said, no error. It just doesn't work.

The attached image (will it show up?) shows first what I see after I choose it, which I am able to do. Then I click the "upload" button, nothing happens except the page reloads, looking the way it does in the second shot: plugins not installed, no file selected.

Just...nuthin'.
 ??? :-\ :(

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2010, 01:10:55 am »

I should have asked for a link to your site but I'm knackered and forgot. It appears you are using coppermine 1.4.x, this plugin is designed for the 1.5.x series so unless you upgrade it will not work. Please post a link to your site for further details.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.